• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Was hoping they would get stuck with a retread/failure rather than someone who appears to be a rising star.

I’m not sure it’s a slam dunk he’ll be a great hire. I think he could be, but he played at App, coached under Jerry Moore and then was head coach there. So except for a year at Toledo and FIU, all he knows is Boone. Let’s see how he does somewhere completely foreign to him.

Turner Gill "retired", and now apparently Liberty is going after Hugh Freeze.

You can't even make this shit up.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-liberty-strongly-considering-hugh-freeze/

I read that Gill is going to take care of his ailing wife, so seems a legit reason to stop coaching. I don’t know if your quotation marks were because these retired coaches always come back. Which is true, so perhaps the word resign is more fitting. Just depends on how his wife’s heart condition goes.

I read that Gill is going to take care of his ailing wife, so seems a legit reason to stop coaching. I don’t know if your quotation marks were because these retired coaches always come back. Which is true, so perhaps the word resign is more fitting. Just depends on how his wife’s heart condition goes.

To be fair, I hadn't read about the heart condition, but that's been a thing since 2016. My quotes are because I assumed he retired like Grobe retired. Still suspect that it wasn't entirely his choice though.

Does OU’s defense rank any better in defensive stats that take into account being on the field more (pts per possession, yards per play, etc)? I assume that at least part of their defensive struggles are tied to having an offense that scores a lot and scores quickly.

Urban to the Browns?

Doubtful.
I would guess Urban to the broadcast booth after taking a year off.

If he actually does retire, he could be broadcasting in fall 2019. Nine months off football should be enough to get that kind of gig.

Doubtful.
I would guess Urban to the broadcast booth after taking a year off.

Still enough time to replace the Browns’ next fired coach.

If he actually does retire, he could be broadcasting in fall 2019. Nine months off football should be enough to get that kind of gig.

That's kinda what I meant.
Much lower stress level and he doesn't need the money.

Back