• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Yes. Same guy. But that was awhile ago.

Weird that Alabama is where coaches go for rehab.

Same guy. He was suspended 1 game for punching an assistant Coach and he was also sued for sexual harassment by an administrative assistant.

And he went 2-26!!!!

Also 1-5 as an interim HC at Maryland in 2015

Who hasn't punched and sexually harrassed their subordinates! #Heartlandculture

A summary of Mike Locksley's disastrous tenure at New Mexico :

- Record 2-26 (fired in the middle of his 3rd season); the worst 2 and a half year stretch in school history by far.
- Age and sex discrimination sued filed by Locksley's administrative assistant which was settled.
-Locksley complained that the girls hosting NM recruits were not hot enough.
- Locksley was suspended for 10 days after getting in a fight with an assistant coach.
- Locksley's kid (who died last year in a shooting) was arrested on a DWI while hosting a recruit.

BTW, New Mexico was significantly better in the years preceding Locksley (Rocky Long HC) and following Locksley (Bob Davie).

Given that background, unbelievable that MD or any other school would give him the keys to the program. This will end badly, and that makes me happy. F Maryland.

Last edited:

- Record 2-26 (fired in the middle of his 3rd season); the worst 2 and a half year stretch in school history by far.
- Age and sex discrimination sued filed by Locksley's administrative assistant which was settled.
- Locksley was suspended for 10 days after getting in a fight with an assistant coach.
- Locksley's kid (who died last year in a shooting) was arrested on a DWI while hosting a recruit.

BTW, New Mexico was significantly better in the years preceding Locksley (Rocky Long HC) and following Locksley (Bob Davie).

Given that background, unbelievable that MD or any other school would give him the keys to the program. This will end badly, and that makes me happy. F Maryland.

Interesting that Saban can hire and "rehab" guys like this and no one bats an eye.

Tennessee fans lost their minds over Schiano over any sort of Sandusky connection and he didn't even do anything wrong.

Maryland's chances of football relevance evaporated when Yow or whomever it was chose to let James Franklin walk and instead brought in Edsall.

But hiring Locksley may be the lowest of the low.

Tennessee fans lost their minds over Schiano over any sort of Sandusky connection and he didn't even do anything wrong.

They just didn't want the guy. The Sandusky stuff was a means to an end to prevent his hire

They lost their minds because of his record, and they don't understand what it takes to build a constant 8+ win program somewhere like Rutgers.

Muuuuurrrrland, what you expect?

Maryland's chances of football relevance evaporated when Yow or whomever it was chose to let James Franklin walk and instead brought in Edsall.

But hiring Locksley may be the lowest of the low.

Yow's replacement fired the Fridge and let Franklin go elsewhere. That whole athletic department went to shit once she went to greener pastures with a fan base that actually gives a shit.

I guess this is why Ryan Day wasn't interviewing around

Satterfield to Louisville isn't a bad hire, but makes you wonder if UNC even made a strong run at him or not? If he would leave App for Louisville, why not UNC?

Walt Bell to UMASS?? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I wasn't overly impressed with the Florida State Offense to consider giving the guy a head coaching job. Say what you will about the quality of prospects, many an older coordinator would give their eye teeth for an FBS head coaching job, just to get the opportunity to run their own program for once. I guess the trend is to go younger, everyone looking for the next McVay.

FSU fan's i've talked to have said Bell was STRONGLY encouraged to find another job elsewhere. Seems like he did well for himself.

Heard that Nate Woody is on the list. He was the DC under Satterfield until 2017, and then left to take take the DC job at GT.

Their current DC Bryan Brown, and OC Shawn Clark. Wisconsin RB Coach John Settle was a star at App in the 1980s (had some big games against WF), and former ECU HC Ruffin McNeil was a DC at App State under Jerry Moore.

NCSU hearing that Dwayne Ledford (APP grad/Player and former OL coach) is seriously in the mix with Woody and Mark Ivy (recently named interim coach). Ledford is one of the top OL coaches in the country and would be a big loss for NCSU if he is offered and accepts that job. Got to think it would be hard for him to turn down.

Satterfield getting $3.25 mil a year for a 6 year gig. Was making about 700K at App St.

Satterfield getting $3.25 mil a year for a 6 year gig. Was making about 700K at App St.

Where does Louisville get all their money from? Is this all from Papa John? Petrino's buyout, this contract, Mack's contract, all the legal fees they've run up recently, who is funding all this?

That's why the idea of Satterfield staying at App rather than take a Power V conference job was a ridiculous notion.

Back