• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

What was the TarHeel AD thinking with the hiring of Mack Brown? Truly Wellman-esque

Have to figure after buying out Fedora, the Holes don't have a lot of dough left to spend on a HC. I am sure Brown will try to keep the program afloat for a couple of years until coffers refill and they can get a real coach.

Satterfield getting $3.25 mil a year for a 6 year gig. Was making about 700K at App St.

How do we get away with paying Clawson peanuts? Or do announcements like this just make me think most P5 coaches are paid more than they really are?

Last edited:
Yow's replacement fired the Fridge and let Franklin go elsewhere. That whole athletic department went to shit once she went to greener pastures with a fan base that actually gives a shit.

Yow had mortgaged MD athletics future. Sold multi-year naming rights for lump sum payments, and then spent all of it. That kind of financial wizardry is why Maryland left the ACC for B1G money.

Have to figure after buying out Fedora, the Holes don't have a lot of dough left to spend on a HC. I am sure Brown will try to keep the program afloat for a couple of years until coffers refill and they can get a real coach.

Wait, what? They're paying Brown $3.5 million a year...

How do we get away with paying Clawson peanuts? Or do announcements like this just make me think most P5 coaches are paid more than they really are?

I heard Paul Finebaum say this morning that Auburn would owe Malzahn a total of over $30 million, with $15 million due the next day, after any firing. I can't say about most P5 coaches but the top tier certainly are well-compensated.

I think Clawson will get paid more if he makes the Top 25 like Satterfield has.

I think Clawson will get paid more if he makes the Top 25 like Satterfield has.

Another dumb post. Satterfield made the top 25 for one week. Then, App got slaughtered by GA Southern by 20. If App State had not slipped in the bottom of the top 25, Satterfield would've still been hired by L'ville and received the same contract. If you are trying to claim that Satterfield is more deserving of a $3.25 million per year contract for coaching App in the Sun Belt against the likes of Coastal Carolina and Louisiana Lafayette, then Clawson coaching in Power V conference, you could not be more wrong. Clawson is at the very lowest end of the list in Power V coaching salaries, and the contract for Satterfield is another example that Clawson is underpaid given that scale.

Last edited:
Another dumb post. Satterfield made the top 25 for one week. Then, App got slaughtered by GA Southern by 20. If App State had not slipped in the bottom of the top 25, Satterfield would've still been hired by L'ville and received the same contract. If you are trying to claim that Satterfield is more deserving of a $3.25 million per year contract for coaching App in the Sun Belt against the likes of Coastal Carolina and Louisiana Lafayette, then Clawson coaching in Power V conference, you could not be more wrong. Clawson is at the very lowest end of the list in Power V coaching salaries, and the contract for Satterfield is another example that Clawson is underpaid given that scale.

Clawson is on the low end, as far as we know. I'm guessing he got a raise after last year, and that wouldn't show up in Wake's tax disclosures yet.

Rumor has it that WF can no longer to afford any more pay raises for Clawson as all of the budget is now tied up for Men's BB coaches and the expected guaranteed payout in '19 along with another new coach's salary....

I heard Paul Finebaum say this morning that Auburn would owe Malzahn a total of over $30 million, with $15 million due the next day, after any firing. I can't say about most P5 coaches but the top tier certainly are well-compensated.

Apples and oranges, but can you imagine the outrage if Wellman agreed to a contract paying a coach a huge chunk "the next day" post-firing?

Rumor has it that WF can no longer to afford any more pay raises for Clawson as all of the budget is now tied up for Men's BB coaches and the expected guaranteed payout in '19 along with another new coach's salary....

Great Clawson actually deserves the raise we can't afford and he'll soon go to greener pastures and we are once again screwed by Wellman and Danny

Any ideas on what Ga Tech is doing for a coach? Not much news out of ATL.

The names most frequently mentioned are Tony Elliott (OC Clemson) and Ken Wisenhunt. Todd Monken, the Army HC, has also been rumored, but wouldn't think that GT would stay with the option.

Screw that. Back the brinks truck up to Clawson's front door and pay somebody mid-major level money for basketball. If Wake continues to make bowl games in football and improves from low-major to mid-major basketball, then that is a win.

Spend all available resources on winning football games.

Would love to hear Clawson’s agent’s reaction to the “alleged” $18MM owed to Manning. Or maybe I wouldn’t.

Yow had mortgaged MD athletics future. Sold multi-year naming rights for lump sum payments, and then spent all of it. That kind of financial wizardry is why Maryland left the ACC for B1G money.

Not really but not worth getting into all of this again. Maryland made their bed, they can lie in it now.

Y'all know Claw just signed an 8 year extension, right? I'm glad he's our coach, but do we really need to give him a new contract after going 6-6?

Back