• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Where does Louisville get all their money from? Is this all from Papa John? Petrino's buyout, this contract, Mack's contract, all the legal fees they've run up recently, who is funding all this?

Louisville’s pockets are deeper than most realize. They also have big boosters and political connections to make sure that they are taken care of. With Louisville, the athletics flourish while the academics suffer.

Clawson was ranked #6 among ACC coaches by the Louisville paper this week, above Doeren. He deserves to be making at least 2.5 million.

Y'all know Claw just signed an 8 year extension, right? I'm glad he's our coach, but do we really need to give him a new contract after going 6-6?

After showing he was willing to do what was needed to rectify the defense in firing Sawvel unlike Grobe and helping the team overcome mass injuries and make our third consecutive bowl for only the second time in out nearly 150 year history. Nah fire him now. I expected more out of you than that

As long as Clawson coaches on the sideline with the same passion he does now I'll always want him as our coach. And you can tell the kids love him.

Ledford played his football at ECU not App. But he did coach at App for 3 yrs.
NCSU hearing that Dwayne Ledford (APP grad/Player and former OL coach) is seriously in the mix with Woody and Mark Ivy (recently named interim coach). Ledford is one of the top OL coaches in the country and would be a big loss for NCSU if he is offered and accepts that job. Got to think it would be hard for him to turn down.

IMO, you have to factor with compensation the pressure and expectations of a particular job. Both are low at WFU.

Nah fire him now. I expected more out of you than that

Again, he just signed an 8 year extension 1 year ago, and i'm sure he has well negotiated achievement bonuses in his contract. The possibility of winning 6 games this season was surely factored into his compensation. If he deserves a new contract every time he goes .500, exactly what are we paying him for now?

Last edited:
After showing he was willing to do what was needed to rectify the defense in firing Sawvel unlike Grobe and helping the team overcome mass injuries and make our third consecutive bowl for only the second time in out nearly 150 year history. Nah fire him now. I expected more out of you than that

If clawson takes us to a bowl every year, which I expect he will, then he is coach for life. Let's not forget our humble beginnings before god king clawson came to save us.

What do yall think about Macintyre at App State?

Boone would have to be happy, right?

Matt Doherty won National COY. Would you want him too ?

Collins seems like a good hire, even though I hadn’t really thought of him for GT.

Wish they’d hired a shitty name coach to try to generate some buzz... But nope.

Back