• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

UCF signs Josh Heupel to a extension through 2024. They have to be happy OU already has a young successful coach.

Hugh Freeze to Liberty. The redemption begins.

Freeze with the quote of the millennium in his introductory press conference

Liberty gives Baptists a bad name. First the AD from Baylor and now Freeze, is there anyone they will not hire?

I feel like either way people will talk shit about liberty.... If they didn't hire freeze it would be, "you're hypocrites for not practicing forgiveness." When they did hire freeze it was, "you're hypocrites for hiring a sinner." So if you're gonna be a hypocrite might as well win too.

I feel like either way people will talk shit about liberty.... If they didn't hire freeze it would be, "you're hypocrites for not practicing forgiveness." When they did hire freeze it was, "you're hypocrites for hiring a sinner." So if you're gonna be a hypocrite might as well win too.

Did anyone even remember who Hugh Freeze was before they hired him? What a stupid argument.

Did anyone even remember who Hugh Freeze was before they hired him? What a stupid argument.

Considering that you've posted extensively in a forum on the tunnels entitled "the religious rights hypocrisy" I can see why that post triggered you so.

Considering that you've posted extensively in a forum on the tunnels entitled "the religious rights hypocrisy" I can see why that post triggered you so.

Why would anyone think about Hugh Freeze as the only candidate? Do you not see how stupid that argument is?

Why would anyone think about Hugh Freeze as the only candidate? Do you not see how stupid that argument is?

He was the only one rumored to be in contention. There was most definitely others, but he was the only one mentioned publicly from what I've read.

People sure are defensive about a shitty religious school that’s a slight tier above Bob Jones.

They're triggered 7x24. I wish coach Freeze well.

Wow. I guess that captures the American ethic perfectly. When your employee’s values are completely at odds with your own publicly stated values, never mind as long as your employee wins games for you. Winning at all odds is the only value.
Liberty’s decision reflects a reality about their values.

Ledford played his football at ECU not App. But he did coach at App for 3 yrs.

Good catch. Had my info off there. Thanks for the correction.

Also, LOL at the Louisville paper rankings. I’m biased and have plenty of issues with him but putting DD at 11 is laughable. He’s won the second most games in the ACC the last 2 years and has kicked the Dino’s dudes ass every year until a close loss this year. And went 9-3 in a rebuilding year. Just hilarious.

LOL

Also, LOL at the Louisville paper rankings. I’m biased and have plenty of issues with him but putting DD at 11 is laughable. He’s won the second most games in the ACC the last 2 years and has kicked the Dino’s dudes ass every year until a close loss this year. And went 9-3 in a rebuilding year. Just hilarious.

Yeah, those rankings are terrible.

Seems like the rationale for each pick is completely different.

Mack Brown, in particular, is hilarious. How can you rank a new hire near the top? Especially when the guy has been away for years.

Lonnie Galloway to Mack Brown’s staff.
That gives UNC two coaches from Wakeyleaks. (The other is the guy from Army who was suspended two weeks over his involvement.)

Way to turn the page on that whole UNCheat era.

Back