• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Lonnie Galloway to Mack Brown’s staff.
That gives UNC two coaches from Wakeyleaks. (The other is the guy from Army who was suspended two weeks over his involvement.)

Way to turn the page on that whole UNCheat era.

All the more reason to beat them

Lonnie Galloway to Mack Brown’s staff.
That gives UNC two coaches from Wakeyleaks. (The other is the guy from Army who was suspended two weeks over his involvement.)

Way to turn the page on that whole UNCheat era.

That school is... just something to behold.

Lonnie seems to move around a lot with lateral moves.

Gattis appears to be in the running for the Temple opening.

He should stay. Alabama OCs get P5 jobs.

Is Locksley staying for the CFP games?

Look like UL hires NCSU OL coach Ledford to be OC. That sucks and is a big blow to NCSU. Great hire for UL.

Kenny Dillingham, the offensive coordinator at Memphis, is going to Auburn.
Hopefully he leaves soon.
At least this should create some disruption at Memphis.

Btw, he's only 28 years old.

Last edited:
Wow. That’s 6 years younger than Gattis at Bama.

Yeah but Malzahn is 50/50 to get fired after next year.

Macintyre (fired Colorado coach, with strong NC ties) took the Ole Miss DC position.

His CU buyout does not preclude coordinator positions... so, if my understanding is correct, he'll be getting ~3.5mil from Colorado and 1.5mil from Ole Miss.

The money certainly makes more sense, but I was hopeful he'd take the head job at one of the openings in this area... I believe there was interest there.

He's a Cutcliffe guy... so I have to think he's going to be high on Duke's list when that time comes & assuming no beds are shat in Mississippi.

With the Temple job open, a lot of their former players are advocating for Baylor Assistant HC, Francis Brown, to get the job. Brown was a 4 year assistant at Temple under Matt Ruhle, and he is known to be a strong recruiter. Several of Temple players that are now in the NFL have promised to donate to the program if Brown gets the job: https://temple-news.com/another-year-another-coaching-search-whats-next-for-temple/

Macintyre (fired Colorado coach, with strong NC ties) took the Ole Miss DC position.

His CU buyout does not preclude coordinator positions... so, if my understanding is correct, he'll be getting ~3.5mil from Colorado and 1.5mil from Ole Miss.

The money certainly makes more sense, but I was hopeful he'd take the head job at one of the openings in this area... I believe there was interest there.

He's a Cutcliffe guy... so I have to think he's going to be high on Duke's list when that time comes & assuming no beds are shat in Mississippi.

believe you would deduct the 1.5 from the 3.5 in that scenario.

Groh was paid a small salary to be the DC at GT and got the bulk of his money from UVA.

you keep saying this, but he's not really the OC

has he been given the top OC spot for next year yet?

I keep saying it because even before MD hired Locksley, he was likely to be OC someday. Staying at Bama then getting a P5 job makes more sense than taking a G5 job and working his way up to a P5 job.

Do you have any evidence that he’s not? You seem pretty confident that I’m wrong.

Locksley calls the plays; Gattis does not. That could change. Sounds like there was a mini-tug of war between Saban and Locksley over whether Gattis was going to stay at Bama or go to Maryland, but it appears Gattis is going to stay at Bama.

Here are some articles on the situation:
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2018/12/04/reports-alabama-oc-locksley-named-marylands-hc/2209834002/
https://bamahammer.com/2018/12/05/alabama-football-recruiting-stands-locksley-move-maryland/
https://www.12up.com/posts/6240791-report-alabama-co-offensive-coordinator-josh-gattis-not-expected-to-join-mike-locksley-in-maryland

all you have to do is look at the coaching roster. Locksley is listed as OC and Gattis as WR coach and co-OC. pretty clear hierarchy.

on the other side of the ball, the co-DC (not the DC) was getting mentioned for DC jobs at Ole Miss and Oklahoma

Geoff Collins was DC at Florida before being Temple's HC, now on to HC at Georgia Tech. Addazio was Florida's OC before taking the Temple job -- leading to the HC job at Boston College. Al Golden was UVA's OC before getting to Temple HC then on to Miami HC.

HC at Temple is definitely an upward move for Gattis.

Back