• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

The State fan who bragged about the guy’s academic record.
I'm pretty sure the only one who mentioned anything about his academic record is Pilchard, and he certainly isn't a State fan.

I'm pretty sure the only one who mentioned anything about his academic record is Pilchard, and he certainly isn't a State fan.

Somebody said Drinkwitz was a magna cum laude graduate of Ark Tech. Wow.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are talking shit about the academic background of a successful 35 year old football coach who's about to make millions a year.

Somebody said Drinkwitz was a magna cum laude graduate of Ark Tech. Wow.

Arkansas Tech was essentially his hometown college. Guessing that he went there because of proximity to home (Alma, Arkansas), cost (not everyone has mommy and daddy to fund college) and that he could coach HS football. The important thing is that he made the most of it: graduating with honors, student body president while also coaching HS football. Smart capable people come from a variety backgrounds, and apparently ignorant people can come from a variety of backgrounds including WF, unfortunately.

I can't believe people are talking shit about the academic background of a successful 35 year old football coach who's about to make millions a year.

Ph, it is called jealousy. Envious of someone so you find something to fault. Just sad.

Arkansas Tech was essentially his hometown college. Guessing that he went there because of proximity to home (Alma, Arkansas), cost (not everyone has mommy and daddy to fund college) and that he could coach HS football. The important thing is that he made the most of it: graduating with honors, student body president while also coaching HS football. Smart capable people come from a variety backgrounds, and apparently ignorant people can come from a variety of backgrounds including WF, unfortunately.

Without academic snobbery, what do we have?

McMurphy reporting that Clawson is among the candidates West Virginia is looking at to potentially replace Holgorsen.

McMurphy reporting that Clawson is among the candidates West Virginia is looking at to potentially replace Holgorsen.

If I am Dave Clawson, my next move is to a school where I think I can win a national championship. Is West Virginia that place? I don't think so.

I welcome this news. It gives our program more attention, and more respectability with recruits, without me worrying that clawson will actually consider it.

If I am Dave Clawson, my next move is to a school where I think I can win a national championship. Is West Virginia that place? I don't think so.

He has as much opportunity to win a national championship at Wake than he would at West Virginia

Dave Clawson very well may leave at some point. Hope not. But, I see him and the WVU fanbase being about like oil and water. Would be a horrible fit for him.

Dave Clawson very well may leave at some point. Hope not. But, I see him and the WVU fanbase being about like oil and water. Would be a horrible fit for him.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Dave Clawson has class. And WVU, well...........

I wish we’d go ahead and give Clawson a new contract (with a massive buyout). If I’m Clawson, I use WVU as a tool to get a big raise much like Mike Gundy did a year or two ago. He should be making at least 2.5mil. That would put him ahead of both Doreen and Fedora from this past year

I wish we’d go ahead and give Clawson a new contract (with a massive buyout). If I’m Clawson, I use WVU as a tool to get a big raise much like Mike Gundy did a year or two ago. He should be making at least 2.5mil. That would put him ahead of both Doreen and Fedora from this past year
We won't know clawson's new salary until next years 990 is filed

Sounds like Dave may be making less than Danny. What a travesty.

Back