• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

I wish we’d go ahead and give Clawson a new contract (with a massive buyout). If I’m Clawson, I use WVU as a tool to get a big raise much like Mike Gundy did a year or two ago. He should be making at least 2.5mil. That would put him ahead of both Doreen and Fedora from this past year
Well assuming the Goodman report is correct, Wellman is willing to vastly overpay for a bad coach, so I'd hope he's smart enough to give Clawson a premium salary since he's a premium coach.

I hope we can afford both. Because if a decision has to be made, i don't trust Wellman.

Sounds like Dave may be making less than Danny. What a travesty.

Shocking if true. Football pays the bills, and there is no comparison between their accomplishments. Including when Wellman gave him that asinine extension.

Mike Elko makes $1.8M/yr. No wonder he left Wake. At that level of pay, why become a head coach.

WVU needs to be looking in the Art Briles, Bobby Petrino, Chuck Amato, Steve Sarkisian, and Greg Schiano pool for their next coach.

Chuck Amato is 72 years old and is currently the defensive coordinator of the Akron Zips. I think WVU can do a little better than that.

Chuck Amato is 72 years old and is currently the defensive coordinator of the Akron Zips. I think WVU can do a little better than that.

I was listong the type of coaches that would fit in with the wvu fanbase.

WVU needs to be looking in the Art Briles, Bobby Petrino, Chuck Amato, Steve Sarkisian, and Greg Schiano pool for their next coach.

I would be surprised if anyone touched Petrino.
Plus, he doesn't need the money.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Petrino touched somebody though.

I was able to find 3 or 4 articles from a WVU perspective on likely coaching candidates, and not one of them mentioned Clawson. It looks like the most commonly discussed names are Brown at Troy, Fickell at Cincy, and Norvell at Memphis.

I was able to find 3 or 4 articles from a WVU perspective on likely coaching candidates, and not one of them mentioned Clawson. It looks like the most commonly discussed names are Brown at Troy, Fickell at Cincy, and Norvell at Memphis.

I've also found nothing printed listing Clawson. A lot of the players are calling for the DC Gibson to be named HC. I think Clawson is absolutely perfect for Wake and will have a 9 win season soon but I just don't see WVU fans being happy with 7-6.

They should go for Brown or Norvell. Great offensive minds, which is what the Big 12 needs. Fickell is a defensive guy, there is no defense in the Big 12.

I am sure that DC will get offers, just not yet. He can do better than WVa. I don't see him going anywhere until his daughter graduates. But I agree he needs a raise. Take money from DM and Wellman. Dave is doing his job. DM is in breech of contract as far as I am concerned. He is not coaching his players and that is what he is paid to do.

I am sure that DC will get offers, just not yet. He can do better than WVa. I don't see him going anywhere until his daughter graduates. But I agree he needs a raise. Take money from DM and Wellman. Dave is doing his job. DM is in breech of contract as far as I am concerned. He is not coaching his players and that is what he is paid to do.

I know you were a law professor and all, but it's spelled "breach" of contract, not "breech."

WV hires Neal Brown from Troy. Like the hire. Only 38, he has coached Troy for 4 years and won 10+ games over the last 3. Played for Hal Mumme and Mike Leach at KY.

Back