• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Michigan's defense looked pretty good for 11 games against bad offenses. Then it looked bad against a good, but inconsistent offensive team. Then it looked bad against a bad offensive team.

Kingsbury is a hot interview for NFL vacancies.

He went 35-40 in six seasons at Texas Tech. That feels a little underwhelming, but I guess he IS a genius, after all.

Recruiting both Mahomes and Mayfield is an impressive thing to have on the ol' resume

Greg Mattison going from Michigan to OSU to be Co-DC. Schiano out. Pretty wild.

To be clear, Mattison was not the DC at Michigan. He was the DL coach. The DC is Don Brown. So, this is a promotion. Whenever a position coach at one Power V school is given an offer to be a coordinator at another Power V school; he will almost always take it. More money, and a step closer to a head job. Would be a different story is he was the leaving the Michigan DC post to be an DC at tOSU.

To be clear, Mattison was not the DC at Michigan. He was the DL coach. The DC is Don Brown. So, this is a promotion. Whenever a position coach at one Power V school is given an offer to be a coordinator at another Power V school; he will almost always take it. More money, and a step closer to a head job. Would be a different story is he was the leaving the Michigan DC post to be an DC at tOSU.

He's almost 70 and has been the DC at Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida (co-DC w/ Strong under Meyer), and for the Ravens. He could have easily had a DC job elsewhere in recent years, but it was always assumed he was close to retirement, and I'm pretty sure he has family in Ann Arbor (or nearby). That's what makes this weird.

Yeah that, and when you score seven touchdowns against a team you don't usually hire their DL coach as your DC.

Kingsbury is a hot interview for NFL vacancies.

He went 35-40 in six seasons at Texas Tech. That feels a little underwhelming, but I guess he IS a genius, after all.

I’ve been trying to figure out why he was in such a rush to get to usc.

Greg Mattison going from Michigan to OSU to be Co-DC. Schiano out. Pretty wild.

Went to UF with his daughter. She was a softball player for ND, but also a Michigan fan. Can’t wait to give her a hard time about this.

Mattison also spent time with the Ravens a few years back.

I’m surprised, in spite of what Pilchard posted. Seemed like Michigan was his preferred locale and final job.

Went to UF with his daughter. She was a softball player for ND, but also a Michigan fan. Can’t wait to give her a hard time about this.

Mattison also spent time with the Ravens a few years back.

I’m surprised, in spite of what Pilchard posted. Seemed like Michigan was his preferred locale and final job.

Money talks. And it can change preferences.

Yo Pilch! Your boy Kliff is the new head coach of the NFL Arizona Cardinals.

Good for him. He will look great rocking the shades and spinning the football on his finger in the NFL.

This has to be a develop Josh Rosen play. Interesting choice given his mediocre college record. Staff will be very important to this hire.

ESPN had JUST put out an article saying that USC wasn't giving the NFL teams permission to interview Kliff....did they just give that up immediately?

Josh Gattis to be the OC at Maryland under Locksley. If you remember Gattis was Co-OC at Bama and not promoted to OC at Bama when Locksley took the Maryland job.

Gattis was the WR coach, the co-OC title was just that - a title. He was at best third in the offensive pecking order, behind Locksley and Enos.

Also, local sports radio here reporting that Gattis to Maryland isn't a done deal and that he's received multiple OC offers at P5 schools.

Given Locksley's history, that doesn't seem like a great move. I'm sure Gattis could survive things if Locksley doesn't work out.

Yeah, I would go to pretty much any other P5 school rather than the one with the dysfunctional AD and the offensive minded head coach who went 2-26 in his last gig with three different scandals.

Given Locksley's history, that doesn't seem like a great move. I'm sure Gattis could survive things if Locksley doesn't work out.

Eh, Maryland is a pretty terrible job. They will always be no better than 4th in that division. They also have money problems, so I don't see them paying top dollar for coordinators. Not a ton of upside there to move to a better job.

Back