• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

He has to be making more than he did at Bama.

A Gattis move to MD would surprise me.

As an OC at Bama (even without the top salary or play-calling duties), Gattis will always be a hot commodity with P5 options as a coordinator and FBS options as the HC. If things go badly at MD, Gattis won't be a hot commodity. Put another way, I understand that there was interest from Temple and App State in Gattis when their HC job was open last month. If MD goes 5-7 (or worse) next year with Gattis as OC, don't think there would be the same interest in Gattis. You know Bama is going to be elite every year. A bad run at MD could destroy the momentum that he has built.

A Gattis move to MD would surprise me.

As an OC at Bama (even without the top salary or play-calling duties), Gattis will always be a hot commodity with P5 options as a coordinator and FBS options as the HC. If things go badly at MD, Gattis won't be a hot commodity. Put another way, I understand that there was interest from Temple and App State in Gattis when their HC job was open last month. If MD goes 5-7 (or worse) next year with Gattis as OC, don't think there would be the same interest in Gattis. You know Bama is going to be elite every year. A bad run at MD could destroy the momentum that he has built.

+1 to all that. Maybe he was pissed that he didn't get sole OC job when Locksley left, but feels like he could deal with it and do another year at Bama - even if just in the same role - and be more likely to have good opportunities than the MD OC job is going to bring.

Gattis to Michigan as OC. Much better job.

Wow. That's one heck of a move. I just wish he'd go somewhere I can root for.

Jobs at Penn State, Bama, and Michigan all before turning 35. Pretty much guaranteed to be a P5 head coach by 40.

Last edited:
Damn. Hate that I have to hate Josh now. Cannot believe he'd want to work for a guy like Harbaugh.

I mean he did just work for Saban

Saban is one thing. I'm almost positive Harbaugh has Aspergers or is somewhere on the spectrum. He's got a lot of [Redacted] in him.

Also, Mark Dantonio random press conference at 5:45. Lot of assumptions he may be retiring. This has been one crazy off-season so far.

ugh, Saban is way less annoying than Harbaugh

Harbaugh also can't get a good QB

but huge for Gattis

Saban is one thing. I'm almost positive Harbaugh has Aspergers or is somewhere on the spectrum. He's got a lot of [name redacted] in him.

Also, Mark Dantonio random press conference at 5:45. Lot of assumptions he may be retiring. This has been one crazy off-season so far.

Gotta imagine Narduzzi will be on the list to replace him.

Damn. Hate that I have to hate Josh now. Cannot believe he'd want to work for a guy like Harbaugh.

Harbaugh is easy to hate if you're a fan and it may suck to work for him. But if I'm trying to climb the coaching ladder, I don't hesitate for a second - putting in time with Saban and Harbaugh is the best way to do it. Will learn a lot and huge for his resume. Good for him.

It will be interesting to see how long Harbaugh will stay in Ann Arbor. Everyone thought he'd split for the NFL this offseason. Maybe the NFL didn't want him that bad.

ugh, Saban is way less annoying than Harbaugh

Harbaugh also can't get a good QB

but huge for Gattis

Shea Patterson is not great, but Hairball has Dylan McCaffrey (Ed's son, Christian's brother) waiting in the wings. He was a four star recruit coming out of high school who is supposed to be really good. I think they have another 4 star QB on the roster as well. We'll see if Josh can develop either one of them.

Hopefully Josh will modernize that ancient Michigan two TE, I formation Michigan offense so that they can at least be somewhat competitive in that last game of the regular season.

Good luck, Josh. Nice step up. The Nick-tator wears out his asst. At least Josh will get a cool road trip in the off season. The last two were to France and Italy.

Good luck, Josh. Nice step up. The Nick-tator wears out his asst. At least Josh will get a cool road trip in the off season. The last two were to France and Italy.

Is that better than a Bama trip to the Redneck Riviera?

So the MSU/Dantonio press conference yesterday was simply to announce a few reassignments of existing offensive coaches. Zero staff changes for an offense that scored 2 TDs in its final 4 games, both against Rutgers. GENIUS!

Dan Enos to be Miami OC. Wasn’t he supposed to be Locksley’s replacement?

Back