Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    Gattis smart enough to use that as leverage to get more from Saban
    Thatís what I was would do.

Just saying itíd be a home run for Charlotte and Charlotte can be seen as a really good opportunity.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    How is Charlotte a really good opportunity compared to 2/3 of other G5 programs?

Gattis should stay at Bama until he gets the OC spot to himself and wins a CFP. Then he will have plenty of a P5 offers.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Yeah Gattis would be stupid to move on to anything other than a legit P5 job. Didnít Alabamaís offensive line coach move on to Oregon as HC a couple years ago? Working under Saban opens up basically any opportunity.
    Not exactly. Christobal was promoted to HC at Oregon after Taggart left for FSU. He was hired as an assistant under Taggart after being, among other things, an assistant under Saban and a HC at FIU.

Never Murdered My FIL
    People not understanding Gattisís trajectory on here is one of the more puzzling things.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    People not understanding Gattisís trajectory on here is one of the more puzzling things.
    Itís part of the obsession with hiring people affiliated with MSD.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteDeac1 View Post
    Thatís what I was would do.

Just saying itíd be a home run for Charlotte and Charlotte can be seen as a really good opportunity.
    ďCan be seen?Ē If itís not actually a good opportunity for someone in his position, who cares how it is perceived. Charlotte should not be on the radar of the major up and coming coaches.

Charlotte should try everything they can to get it done. I have not said Gattis "should" do it, though I do think it's a good opportunity for a coach that is known for his recruiting. Charlotte consistently has a wealth of talent that can be attracted with the right coach.

I agree with Ph that Gattis should stay at Bama until he's the lone OC, I was only saying he should be at the top of the list for Charlotte to try to lure (though, admittedly, I could have worded it better).

Never Murdered My FIL
    The wake job is probably beneath Gattisís resume at this point. Let along Charlotte. Iíd be more worried about unc coming after him.

Charlotte is a shit job and not worth the effort to try and turn around for a young coach as the risk is way greater than potential reward.

Charlotte should 100% hire Josh Gattis to be their next head coach. Only other person that makes as much sense is the Army DC. Gattis would be a home run, and it could actually be viewed as a very coveted position for a first time head coach. Tons of opportunity there.
    Youíre pretty clearly trying to make the case that Charlotte is a good opportunity when it isnít.

Saying that Charlotte should go after him is perfectly fine; Iím sure that they should. But saying he ought to listen, because it ďcould be viewed as a very coveted position,Ē is wrong.

I think we've found out who is behind the GoNiners parody now.
    boorish ruffian

No Iím definitely not. I just see potential at Charlotte and a lot of other people (college football analysts) do too. Iím not alone in this thinking.

Saying there is potential there doesnít mean itís a top tier job or whatever you guys seem to think Iím saying.

Another one:
    https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/s...007003649?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    The wake job is probably beneath Gattisís resume at this point.
    Nah, man. Going from co-OC to ACC head coach is not a lateral move, even coming from Bama. He's not even really co-OC, more like assistant OC.

Does NC rank first in number of D1 football programs in state? We gotta be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Does NC rank first in number of D1 football programs in state? We gotta be up there.
    Florida, Texas and Cali have to be ahead of us.
    boorish ruffian

No Iím definitely not. I just see potential at Charlotte and a lot of other people (college football analysts) do too. Iím not alone in this thinking.

Saying there is potential there doesnít mean itís a top tier job or whatever you guys seem to think Iím saying.

Another one:
    https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/s...007003649?s=21
    Potential for what? There are 7 FBS football schools in NC. Charlotte is a distant 7th. That is the same number of FBS schools as Florida and California. Georiga has 4. Virginia which is close to NC in size has 3.

NC does not produce a fraction of the HS football talent as California or Florida or Georgia, and Charlotte is not the type of school to attract out of state kids. I have nothing against the school, but if I had to rate a school for football potential Charlotte would be close to DFL among the 131 FBS schools.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    California - USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, San Jose St, San Diego St

Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    California - USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, San Jose St, San Diego St
    Fresno St.

Without looking it up, Ohio's gotta be up there too.

Found, but didn't verify, this online...

12 - Texas
    8 - Ohio
    7 - California
    7 - Florida
    7 - North Carolina

Texas has the most with 12. Ohio has 8. NC and CA have 7.

Here is the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tball_programs