• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Quite an accomplishment considering Ga Tech finished in second place, one whole game behind Pitt in the Coastal this year.

Lol, the Coastal suckage didn't really apply to my analysis. But yeah, for that matter, throw Mack Brown's UNC into the Coastal hunt...

Gus just took a pay cut to stay at Auburn for the privilege of coaching there. He thinks he can win a national championship there. He doesn't think that about Ga Tech because he's not stupid. He'd also make more money getting fired at Auburn than coaching at Tech.

Whatever. At this point Auburn will never finish better than 3rd in SEC west.

Rumored that Bill Snyder will (finally) step down by the end of the week.

I don’t have numbers but it seems like G5 schools who aren’t in recruiting hotbeds tend to promote from within.

One App grad I work with thinks he will stay because he is an App guy and his wife wants to stay in Boone. I told them money will make a very happy wife anywhere. They are in denial he could leave.

Well, Jerry Moore probably could have left App for other schools but he stayed. And Sparky Woods left App and was a miserable failure as South Carolina. Plus except for a couple of years, Satterfield has spent his entire football career (player and coach) at App.

Worst self-sabotage in the state of N.C.?

ECU football or Wake basketball?

I would have to say us or Well Man. I am amazed how amazingly incompetent he is. Starting to think the brains of the operation left for Greenville, SC a few years ago....

Gus just took a pay cut to stay at Auburn for the privilege of coaching there. He thinks he can win a national championship there. He doesn't think that about Ga Tech because he's not stupid. He'd also make more money getting fired at Auburn than coaching at Tech.

This Malzahn thing is one of the most bizarre coaching stories I can remember. They offered him a deal they thought he couldn't accept, and then he did. He's been completely neutered.

From what I read Wells is taking both the OC and DC with him to Lubbock.

Yeah, saw that was the plan, but that probably changes if Yost is offered the head coach job? Maybe anyway. He's a bit of an odd duck I think (also has the most atrocious hair I have ever seen).

Yeah, saw that was the plan, but that probably changes if Yost is offered the head coach job? Maybe anyway. He's a bit of an odd duck I think (also has the most atrocious hair I have ever seen).

DHcV14MUQAAZvFM.jpg

This dude smokes mad ganja.

Back