• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Bowling Green hired BC OC, Scott Loeffler

Clawson (probably) approves.

Ahead of this year's BC game: "I really think their offensive coordinator, Scott Loefler, is one of the more underrated coordinators in the conference. I think he does a great job of getting matchups and creating all different formations and creating extra gaps. He’s also the quarterback coach and it’s very obvious on film how improved their quarterback is. He’s much more accurate, he looks more comfortable and because of that, BC is more than just defending the run now."

Clawson (probably) approves.

Ahead of this year's BC game: "I really think their offensive coordinator, Scott Loefler, is one of the more underrated coordinators in the conference. I think he does a great job of getting matchups and creating all different formations and creating extra gaps. He’s also the quarterback coach and it’s very obvious on film how improved their quarterback is. He’s much more accurate, he looks more comfortable and because of that, BC is more than just defending the run now."

Clawson knows his stuff, and its obvious. Ask Manning to break down opposing coaches philosophies LOL.

I feel like GT could be a sneaky good job. It's in the middle of ATL for Chrissakes. Talent for days.

Yep. This could be a huge boon for GT, especially with UNC punting and the rest of the division floundering.

yep, and they can ditch the triple option aka the coward's offense. they were so fucked when they got down big to Georgia early.

It's been 11 years.

GT fans ready for a change.

Excited for them to have a coaching search, especially since I'm here in Atlanta.

Agree that there are a myriad of reasons why they should be able to hire a very good coach.

Obvious point, but a good hire for GT is a good hire for us. They play Clemson and another division rival every year. We don't play them again until 2024. It could hurt recruiting a little bit, but so could any coach.

Bolts OC Wisenhunt reportedly the top choice for GT. he played there in the early 80’s.

Mike Houston reported by Feldman to Charlotte. Really really good hire imo

Fantastic hire for the 49ers. Was just thinking GT should go after him and Satt.

Houston was a boss at The Citadel even before he took JMU to the top of FCS

Last edited:
Fantastic hire for the 49ers. Was just thinking GT should go after him and Satt.

Completely agree. He’s been a winner everywhere he’s been. Took Lenoir Rhyne to a D-2 national championship before being good at The Citadel and then crushing it at JMU as well.

Some App State fans were hoping he'd come there if Satterfield leaves.

Back