• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

I would guess he was meaning coaching decisions in their game today. Don't think even a loss there would have impacted interest in Satt. He is going to listen to Louisville.

I did. It was a crazy 4th and 3 on his end of the field and he went fr it with a run up the guy and got stopped. It led to a short field and 7 points for the opponent. The bottom line is they won so it really doesn’t matter now.

I did. It was a crazy 4th and 3 on his end of the field and he went fr it with a run up the guy and got stopped. It led to a short field and 7 points for the opponent. The bottom line is they won so it really doesn’t matter now.

It should have said a run up the gut.

It was a stretch run, and led to 3 points. But other than that it was a terrible decision. He must have been thinking he needed some momentum since UL was rolling and the offense hadn't been doing much. Still should have punted.

After beating Northwestern this year ? No way !

After he finishes 4-8 his first season, the entire ecu fanbase will be calling for his job just like they did with Mo.

Montgomery was terrible. They should have never gotten rid of Ruffin.

Last edited:
Montgomery was terrible. They should have never gotten rid of Ruffin.

Ruffin is currently the defensive coordinator of a defense who’s ranked around 115th in the country. ECU was only relevant during his time there because of Lincoln Riley.

Ruffin is currently the defensive coordinator of a defense who’s ranked around 115th in the country. ECU was only relevant during his time there because of Lincoln Riley.

Was he the DC or HC? Why didn’t Montgomery hire a better OC like Ruff did? Seems like an important part of the job. That AD screwed the pooch running off a successful alum HC, and got shitcanned for it.

Why the heck does a team like Oklahoma not have a decent defense? I mean Oklahoma football is a national brand, they can go out and be in the mix with about any recruit in the country and they can't field a decent defense? You've got to think they must put low priority on defensive recruiting for that to be the case.

Why the heck does a team like Oklahoma not have a decent defense? I mean Oklahoma football is a national brand, they can go out and be in the mix with about any recruit in the country and they can't field a decent defense? You've got to think they must put low priority on defensive recruiting for that to be the case.

Seems to be working. They are one of the four best teams in CFB after all.

Seems to be working. They are one of the four best teams in CFB after all.

This. They won a Big XII conference that has a lot of good offenses. Hard to care much about defensive rankings when you're one of the four best teams in college football.

Back