Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839 LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 761

Thread: 2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

  1. #721
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,606

    2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

    Dan Enos to be Miami OC. Wasnít he supposed to be Locksleyís replacement?

  2. #722

  3. #723
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,606
    Would help their QB issues. There was chatter about it before Enos.

  4. #724
    Who will be the OC at Bama? Return of Sark now that the Falcons bounced him out?

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Who will be the OC at Bama? Return of Sark now that the Falcons bounced him out?
    Yep

  6. #726
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Who will be the OC at Bama? Return of Sark now that the Falcons bounced him out?
    Thought that was a joke ... then I saw it is for real. Didn't expect that.

  7. #727
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,606
    Iím telling you. Saban is running a career rehab program there.

  8. #728
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,769
    Saban was unhappy whenever Gattis told him he was leaving.

    http://bleacherreport.com/post/colle...9-0ddd9197d991

  9. #729
    Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Saban was unhappy whenever Gattis told him he was leaving.

    http://bleacherreport.com/post/colle...9-0ddd9197d991
    Maybe a good reason to leave

  10. #730
    Almost need a QB transfer carousel thread too.

    Clemson - Trevor is starter, Kelly Bryant to Mizzou.
    Alabama - Tua is starter, Jalen Hurts transferring. Possibly Miami or Maryland.
    Georgia - Fromm is starter, Fields to Ohio State.
    Ohio State - Fields coming in, Martell transferring. New school tbd.
    Notre Dame - Book is starter, Wimbush to UCF.

    Shane Buechele (Texas, behind Sam Ehlinger), Austin Kendall (OU, behind Spencer Rattler), and Deondre Francois (FSU, behind Blackman?) all considering transferring.

    Tyree Jackson (Buffalo) may transfer or just jump to the NFL.

  11. #731
    So basically you can no longer have a good backup or one who wants to wait for his starting shot.

  12. #732
    Quote Originally Posted by timthedeac View Post
    Almost need a QB transfer carousel thread too.

    Clemson - Trevor is starter, Kelly Bryant to Mizzou.
    Alabama - Tua is starter, Jalen Hurts transferring. Possibly Miami or Maryland.
    Georgia - Fromm is starter, Fields to Ohio State.
    Ohio State - Fields coming in, Martell transferring. New school tbd.
    Notre Dame - Book is starter, Wimbush to UCF.

    Shane Buechele (Texas, behind Sam Ehlinger), Austin Kendall (OU, behind Spencer Rattler), and Deondre Francois (FSU, behind Blackman?) all considering transferring.

    Tyree Jackson (Buffalo) may transfer or just jump to the NFL.
    Tate Martell is supposedly deciding between West Virginia, Miami and L'ville.

    Two other QB transfers:

    OK QB Austin Kendall reportedly considering Auburn and WV
    TCU QB Shawn Robinson going to Missou (sitting out 2019 eligible in 2020)

  13. #733
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,848
    Tathan*

  14. #734
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,606
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    So basically you can no longer have a good backup or one who wants to wait for his starting shot.
    Looks like most of the ones who are leaving started early and got beat out by a younger player or started and will likely get beaten out by a new player.

  15. #735
    Coaches recruit on top of players all the time. They just want the absolute best player - they don't have loyalty to anyone who has made a commitment. So it's a two way street. Players transfer. If the number of football scholarships were reduced, then coaches would no longer have that luxury. Additionally, it would help schools meet Title IX compliance, and spread out the talent nationally.

  16. #736
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    7,851
    The first major QB transfer I can remember - a guy who played at both schools - was Troy Aikman. Blame him.
    le bone

  17. #737
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,606
    Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Coaches recruit on top of players all the time. They just want the absolute best player - they don't have loyalty to anyone who has made a commitment. So it's a two way street. Players transfer. If the number of football scholarships were reduced, then coaches would no longer have that luxury. Additionally, it would help schools meet Title IX compliance, and spread out the talent nationally.
    Sure. But what we're seeing is that often top rated HS player two or three years ago gets beaten out by the top rated HS player who enrolled in January or August. That's a huge change. Given the success of college freshmen and NFL rookies, I have a theory that the QB position and football offenses are becoming streamlined between HS, college, and the NFL. HS and the NFL are adapting more of the college game than ever before so there's not as tough of a transition. In the past, colleges were doing option and the NFL was doing pro style. Now everybody is going lots of RPO. Pro QBs are expected to be able to run. A college QB has a better idea of what he needs to do in the NFL. A HS kid knows what he needs to do in college. Coaches at the college and pro levels can see if a kid can do what he needs to do at the next level.

  18. #738
    MD hired recently fired ECU head coach Scottie Montgomery as the new Terp OC. Before his time at ECU, Montgomery was Cutcliffe's OC at Duke. Montgomery is a Duke grad - a solid WR in his 4 years there.

    So, the HC with a 3-31 record as HC hires an OC with a 9-26 record as a HC. With that said, I think Montgomery is a good OC, and this is a good fallback after Gattis went to Michigan.

  19. #739
    I canít prove this with actual data, but I guarantee that quarterback is the one position not just in football, but in all of college sports , who is most likely to transfer during their college career.

  20. #740
    Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    I canít prove this with actual data, but I guarantee that quarterback is the one position not just in football, but in all of college sports , who is most likely to transfer during their college career.
    even so, it does seem like this year has been particularly rife with top level program QB transfers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •