• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

It's going to be years before Taggart has that team close to where they were, if he's even capable of accomplishing it.

But should that happen and Dabo has a couple of years at 9-3, it will be interesting to see if the Clemson people start grumbling.

Maybe, but the talent that FSU can attract, can get things turned around a lot quicker than most places. FSU's biggest problem that Offensive Line, I mean they are really offensive. Every game I've watched of FSU, it's defenders running free after Francois or Blackman play after play, no matter who they're playing. You just can't win with an offensive line like that.

I hate FSU, but I think once the o-line is fixed they’ll be just fine. That could be as soon as next year.

They have talent. Look at how quickly Florida recovered. I mean, the Gators have a long way to go, but no reason FSU couldn’t do something similar next year. The rest of the ACC sucks, so their schedule isn’t an issue.

Dabo would be crazy to go anywhere right now. He has a simple path to the playoffs. All he has to do is beat Syracuse every other year and trounce some shit team from the coastal.

LolZ

I think Taggart will be fine once he gets O-Linemen that fit his system. It's tough shifting from hog mollies to quick horizontal guys; just ask Michigan and Rich Rod. At least Taggart is in a state where he can recruit them.

Last edited:
Guys, if Saban leaves Alabama, Dabo doesn’t need to go to Bama to be the top program anymore.

Guys, if Saban leaves Alabama, Dabo doesn’t need to go to Bama to be the top program anymore.

Correct. At this point, I can't imagine why Dabo would want to walk in Saban's shadow when he has created a big one for himself>

Someone is going to make a really smart decision and hire Kliff Kinsbury to be their OC. Just hope it isnt a team we have to play every year.

Someone is going to make a really smart decision and hire Kliff Kinsbury to be their OC. Just hope it isnt a team we have to play every year.

USC is talking to KK now; also, NFL teams are after him too. From Gil Brandt's twitter:

The phone of former Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury has been ringing off the hook from NFL teams, including two that have given him firm offers. College offense has infiltrated the NFL and Kingsbury's superb knowledge of it is in high demand.

He's not going to UNC.

FSU still looks like crap. FSU already has talent. There's reason to question if Taggart is the right man for the job at this point

I'm still Taggart wait-and-see -- he had rough years at WKU and USF early on before he got them going big time, just may not be a good immediate fix coach

Taggart did not maximize his talent at FSU this year, but way too early judge how Taggart will do after a couple of years of recruiting in fertile Florida. FSU will be good again under Taggart, but not sure if they will be great again.

I think FSU's issues may be more related to their unwillingness to throw the necessary dollars at it to be a top 5-10 program than who the coach is

I think FSU's issues may be more related to their unwillingness to throw the necessary dollars at it to be a top 5-10 program than who the coach is

Did they not throw money at the program during all the years when they were a top program?
What's changed?

Jeff Brohm expected to give Louisville his decision today. If Brohm elects to remain at Purdue, Louisville is expected to turn its attention to Troy coach Neal Brown, Appalachian State coach Scott Satterfield, Utah State coach Matt Wells and Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25396629/jeff-brohm-purdue-boilermakers-meets-louisville-cardinals-ad-vince-tyra

If they take Matt Wells that makes next year's Utah State game better for us.

It's going to be years before Taggart has that team close to where they were, if he's even capable of accomplishing it.

But should that happen and Dabo has a couple of years at 9-3, it will be interesting to see if the Clemson people start grumbling.

Hell some of the natives at Clemson are already restless because the defense got torn to shreds by the Gamecocks but the Clemson offense easily overcame that. Clemson could change in a hurry if the assistants leave. Dabo is a master recruiter but certainly no X & O game stratagist like Saban.

Did they not throw money at the program during all the years when they were a top program?
What's changed?

Seriously. FSU’s issue is that the whole conference is willing to throw money at football than they were 10-20 years ago. And Clemson is willing to spend the most and has the right personnel to do it.

Seriously. FSU’s issue is that the whole conference is willing to throw money at football than they were 10-20 years ago. And Clemson is willing to spend the most and has the right personnel to do it.

I think FSU and Louisville both outspend Clemson. I could be wrong on that. It’s interesting that people seem to over-inflate the value of the Clemson AD. Don’t get me wrong, they are right outside the top 25, but they aren’t top 5.

Back