• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

I have some inside information that Satterfield was approached during the season about the UNC job and said that he wasn't going to talk to them until the end of the app season but that he did have interest in talking to them so he's looking obviously if the right opportunity came along

ECU: Per a report from WNCT, head coach Scottie Montgomery will not return at ECU.

Greg Robinson? Wow.

After being an epic disaster as the HC at Syracuse and the DC at Michigan, he could NOT get a college job... anywhere... He coached HS for a couple of years, and at perhaps the worst D-1 program in the nation, San Jose State, and now hasn't coached at any level since 2015. He sucked when he was younger. So much for the claim that Brown was going to build an epic staff to support him. Who's going to be his OC? Pop Warner?

Wow, Mack not doing much to help his cause with this hire. That is laughably bad. Athlon Sports named Robinson as the sixth worst college football head coach of the last 50 years. To put it in perspective the last time he had success as a coach at any level, in any role was as the Broncos DC in the late 90's...

Oh and just for fun, let's look back at this gem from his horrific tenure as Michigan's DC under RichRod:

Good news if this happens.
Utah State would have a new coach when we play them early next season.

Depends on who they hire this time... so far Wake is leading though since we wasted 4 years with [Redacted] vs them wasting 3 years with Montgomery.

Are App fans assuming Satterfield will be gone this offseason? I've talked to a couple that think he really wants to stay until his kids graduate high school. Is that wishful thinking or not? It'd be awesome if UL got turned down by Satterfield too.

Nah, he's gone.

Nah, he's gone.

Where? Doesn’t seem like he would turn down an offer but he may not get one either. I assume he wouldn’t take the ECU job. Maybe I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Brohm turned it down because Purdue is paying him $6M / year (which seems nuts for a 0.500 coach), and Louisville wouldn't.

I wouldn't touch that job with RJ's dick. There's a reason Brohm turned it down, there about to get hammered. Again. They're not a blue blood, the NCAA actually punishes them.

Satterfield should hold out for a better job.

Yeah, 6000000 reasons actually. Satterfield makes what? 400k-700k? You do the math on that raise he's about to get.

Back