• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

Bothroyd has played in 2, will only play in 2 of last 3 to preserve his redshirt (and he's looked decent in limited action).

Blake Whiteheart is getting used on special teams, Courtney McKinney too (I think). I'm guessing we'll see JaCorey Johns. Mike Edwards could be on PAT/FG, probably the only OL with a chance. Peyton Woulard and Marquis Alston are hurt. Zion Keith is basically the 5th corner, and they only play 3. Not sure any of the receivers will see the field because the guys in front of them seem healthy.

Hartman, Sciba, Smenda, Greer and Bergan are the ones who have played in more than 4, for the record. Think that covers things.

Thanks. Has Dicks already used his four games?

At least it will be over by halftime and my old ass can go to bed.

There wasn't any real controversy (boards controversy doesn't count) this year, and he was a true freshman. Of course he's struggled at times - sometimes the mistakes were his, sometimes a weak offensive line, sometimes a non-existent defense asked too much of the offense.

And hey, I'd love for that post to look idiotic after Newman wins all 3 games to close out the year and Wake makes a bowl game. But Hartman is a complete quarterback who will only get better. His numbers were eye-popping at times and he can make all kinds of throws. He can run it. He'll get better at reading the RPO. People are talking as if this year's offense was some kind of disaster - just eliminate the injuries to our defense and we maybe beat BC and FSU despite all his "struggles."

If recruiting is going so well elsewhere that Clawson manages to recruit over Hartman - that would be a great problem to have. I assume we'd be fighting for an ACC title at that point.

Good response, I pretty much agree with all of that. We really asked too much out of him this year, much like we asked too much of John Wolford his freshman year. Hopefully it ends up working out as well in the end as it did with John.

Feel like if you compared Hartman’s performance against other true frosh over the last 5 years for p5 schools he’d look well above average. Most true frosh QBs suck and the ones that don’t were probably high 4/5* type guys. Not to mention QB in our system puts more pressure on decision making on virtually every snap than other systems.

Thanks. Has Dicks already used his four games?

No, just the first 3, and listed all special teams snaps. Guessing we'll seen him once in the final 3, if he's healthy (he was hurt earlier, can't remember how long ago or what it was -- that kind of season, as yall know).

Feel like if you compared Hartman’s performance against other true frosh over the last 5 years for p5 schools he’d look well above average. Most true frosh QBs suck and the ones that don’t were probably high 4/5* type guys. Not to mention QB in our system puts more pressure on decision making on virtually every snap than other systems.

Sam was a 3 star and his only other offers were Elon and UNCC. It isn't his fault that he was the best QB on our roster, after Clawson decided whatever Hinton did to get suspended, justified not letting him be the starting QB any longer.

IMO, Sam played OK. He has a strong arm and is very competitive, but he is small; he holds the ball too long; he tries to out run faster DE/LBs; and he tends to run backwards from pressure (instead of side stepping or stepping up into the pocket). If he can speed up his decision making and realize sometimes you have to get rid of the ball, instead of trying to make the hero play, he can be very good. If he doesn't learn from this year, we are in for a long 3 years.

Wofford had an ok arm, but the reason was so successful his Senior year was his quick and decisive decision making.

NC State has announced this as a blackout game so you can discreetly wear Deacon Black without getting beers thrown on you.

Anybody else going and hoping to throw a sweet tailgate but don't have a tailgate pass? I've got a pretty awesome tailgate pass in Stadium West and would give it away to any Deac fans who are actually prepared to have a half decent tailgate. As of right now I'd just be landing at RDU at 3, renting a crappy rental car, getting a 30 bomb, and probably a tray of Chick-Fil-A nuggets.

NC State has announced this as a blackout game so you can discreetly wear Deacon Black without getting beers thrown on you.

Anybody else going and hoping to throw a sweet tailgate but don't have a tailgate pass? I've got a pretty awesome tailgate pass in Stadium West and would give it away to any Deac fans who are actually prepared to have a half decent tailgate. As of right now I'd just be landing at RDU at 3, renting a crappy rental car, getting a 30 bomb, and probably a tray of Chick-Fil-A nuggets.

Very astute of their athletic department choosing to do this against a team with the primary color being black.

I'll surely partake in a "blackout" tomorrow night. I hope to be blacked out by game time to avoid having to witness the beat down coming our way.

Wonder what uniform combo we will wear in the face of this blackout

Sam was a 3 star and his only other offers were Elon and UNCC. It isn't his fault that he was the best QB on our roster, after Clawson decided whatever Hinton did to get suspended, justified not letting him be the starting QB any longer.

IMO, Sam played OK. He has a strong arm and is very competitive, but he is small; he holds the ball too long; he tries to out run faster DE/LBs; and he tends to run backwards from pressure (instead of side stepping or stepping up into the pocket). If he can speed up his decision making and realize sometimes you have to get rid of the ball, instead of trying to make the hero play, he can be very good. If he doesn't learn from this year, we are in for a long 3 years.

Wofford had an ok arm, but the reason was so successful his Senior year was his quick and decisive decision making.
91D, there’s More truth than less in your statement. Good points.

Gold jerseys
White jerseys
Black with gold sleeves
All black

We don't have gold jerseys anymore.

Black jersey with gold sleeves
All black jersey
White jersey with gold sleeves
Gold pants
Black pants
White pants

Matte black helmets
Gloss black helmets
Gold helmets

Time to break out the gloss black helmets for the first time this season- couldn't hurt.

Gloss black helmet, white jersey and gold pants rock. Wish we would go back to 2006 uniforms. The ugly sleeves should be WF and numbers should be white. NO Saints and ASU have white numbers with gold trim and they look awesome.

Back