• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

The defense had subtly improved that last couple of weeks. IIRC, WF held Cuse to its second lowest yardage total last week, but the defensive performance was camouflaged by WF 3 TOs. Last night, the defense was outstanding. Lots of energy. Glenn was all over the place. Also, despite being a common target of criticism, Luke Masterson has become a serviceable LB. While many just gave it lip service, a big reason for the defensive struggles was injuries. The D is getting healthier, and players that made mistakes due inexperience early in the season are starting to figure it out. Our defense is far from loaded, but the WF D is light years ahead of where it was a month ago.

Masterson is going to be a fixture on this defense for the next couple seasons. I wouldn't mind leaving him at LB.

Last edited:
Yeah, weird. They played in the "BCA Classic" at home vs New Mexico super early on 8/24. Feel like that should have been an exhibition or something.

They played in something called the BCA Classic which was one of those "special" preseason games that they used to have.

To give an idea of how unlikely last night's win was, WF was a 6 point dog to ND and a 19 point dog to Clemson. The closing line last night was 19.

It was so unlikely. I was much more relaxed than normal during a close game, because I went in thinking there is no way we can win this game, so honestly until we scored with 30 seconds left I never really thought we'd pull it off. Sure, I jumped out of the chair a few times before then, but never really believed until the winning TD.

Who is the guy who congratulates himself and others who bet their nest eggs against the Deacs every week? Haven't heard from him today...

Masterson is going to be a fixture of this defense for the next couple seasons. I wouldn't mind leaving him at LB.

Doubt that happens. Clawson has addressed this on the radio show. Next year we'll need more help at safety than we do LB, provided we don't have a 2nd consecutive year with massive LB injuries, so expect him to be back at safely. However, the experience of playing LB this year, makes Masterson much more versatile in the defense even if he's listed at safety.

Last edited:
Who is the guy who congratulates himself and others who bet their nest eggs against the Deacs every week? Haven't heard from him today...

We all agree that he is missing. Maybe he lost big and couldn't pay so his bookie made him "disappear"

In x 3!

Really can't say that I've ever had more fun at a game.... ever!

GO DEACS!!

Where is RacerDeac and the other dick heads who post around here when things are shitty? It's hard for them to show happiness or excitement. SAD

Yeah, Loh has been suspiciously absent for a while. Still not enough hat ceremonies. SMDH.

In the process of moving & downsizing a little so the new house does not have internet or TV yet [bummer for this weekend also]. So after watching the fist half at a friend's house, came back to the new house & watch from my phone. Sucks being so far behind though when everybody is celebrating & texting a huge play and then I am just seeing it. But the group texts after the game were awesome!!!

I would love to see a snap count the last two weeks. My first priority is to see how many snaps Mike Allen played the last two weeks. I thought he got at least two series in the first half and was amazeballs, but do not remember seeing him in the 2nd half.

Also wondering how many defensive starters are playing 100% of the snaps. I believe Strnad, Masterson, Bassey, and Henderson played every single snap. Henderson has taken some heat on here, but I have a feeling he played hurt when he was playing earlier in the season. He has been very good the last few weeks and that touchdown pass breakup was huge. Our corner play is just so much better when he and Bassey are both on the field. Really wanted that INT for Taylor as I feel like some of his inconsistency is due to confidence (lack thereof).

Also curious to see how many snaps Zeek and Yarbary have been taking.

I would love to see a snap count the last two weeks. My first priority is to see how many snaps Mike Allen played the last two weeks. I thought he got at least two series in the first half and was amazeballs, but do not remember seeing him in the 2nd half.

Also wondering how many defensive starters are playing 100% of the snaps. I believe Strnad, Masterson, Bassey, and Henderson played every single snap. Henderson has taken some heat on here, but I have a feeling he played hurt when he was playing earlier in the season. He has been very good the last few weeks and that touchdown pass breakup was huge. Our corner play is just so much better when he and Bassey are both on the field. Really wanted that INT for Taylor as I feel like some of his inconsistency is due to confidence (lack thereof).

Also curious to see how many snaps Zeek and Yarbary have been taking.

100% agree on Henderson and Bassey. When healthy they are a pretty darn good duo. I would bet that if you look at Masterson's position grade, it would improve every week.

Agree on Allen as well. He seemed to be in the backfield every time they ran to his side in the first quarter, then he never came back in the game.

The defense had subtly improved that last couple of weeks. IIRC, WF held Cuse to its second lowest yardage total last week, but the defensive performance was camouflaged by WF 3 TOs. Last night, the defense was outstanding. Lots of energy. Glenn was all over the place. Also, despite being a common target of criticism, Luke Masterson has become a serviceable LB. While many just gave it lip service, a big reason for the defensive struggles was injuries. The D is getting healthier, and players that made mistakes due inexperience early in the season are starting to figure it out. Our defense is far from loaded, but the WF D is light years ahead of where it was a month ago.

WF hasn’t had an earth shattering upset in awhile so we’re due especially playing in state. Plenty of reasons for no upset but what are the reasons for an upset?

We’ve got three very good RBs, two of whom are playing in their home state with lots to prove. Both QBs are playing in their home state with passion to play well near their old turf. Coach is so dang mad about the quick turnaround he’s liable to channel that intensity into a winning game plan. If our OL plays tough then Deacs can do some damage on the ground. DL keeps improving but DC is going to have to do a better job of dialing up the schemes. Dortch, Washington and Bachman have a lot more to accomplish this season as well.

Pilch, glad to see I wasn't seeing things.

Back