• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

Deacs have a once-in-a-lifetime chance against Pitt on Senior Day at home; need to play like a Deacon, not a Wuffie.

What a bunch of wieners. The “woe is me” State whining goes well with their irritating unearned arrogance. You’d think by now they’d get some humility.

I can’t get over the arrogance I’ve read and heard from my State friends. Hello!! You’re 7 & 9 against little old Wake Forest the last 16 years. You’ll soon have 5 qb’s in the NFL, and all of them lost at least once to Wake. Deal with it.

Just watching Gameday and saw the score from last night for Syracuse but our score from Thursday was skipped over.

So they had a rough night at home in Carter-Newman stadium. They’ll be fine. They were probably going to the Belk Bowl regardless.

D-line came through big. Stuffed the NC State run game and made them very one dimensional.

Which is funny because you would think that would play right into State's hands with their NFL prospect QB and our weak secondary. Our entire defensive unit has improved vastly over three weeks. Kudos to all of them and the committee that coaches them.

These gems from PackPride speak volumes. What a bunch of tools. They can't accept the fact Wake Forest has an equal or better football history than they do.

And do any Wake fans actually consider Stat to be our main rival?

I've been to Groves a lot. Yes it's bigger than Richmond or Scotland County but it's deceptively small. Each and every year they have one or two or three midgets that was too small to get a UNC or State offer come out of nowhere and play the game of his little undersized life. These are kids that can't play a full season in P-5, but they almost always have a damn high IQ and remind me of a combination of that shitty little kid from West Va who played football for Carolina a few years ago, and Daniel Evans.

I think we have forgotten that Wake Forest used to be located in Wake County and consider us their main rival - not UNC, not Duke. We don't pay them enough respect and pay the price.

LOL wake doesn't even recruit very much out of the state of North Carolina. Some but not a huge amount.

Which is funny because you would think that would play right into State's hands with their NFL prospect QB and our weak secondary. Our entire defensive unit has improved vastly over three weeks. Kudos to all of them and the committee that coaches them.

Wake's young DB's seem to be getting better at playing pass defense. They seem to be learning something from bad experience (and maybe better coaching).

ETA:

D-line got some good pressure on Finley, even though they didn't get sacks. He had to make some throws sooner than he wanted to.

Last edited:
And do these clowns realize that wake and state is like the 3rd or 4th oldest continuous football rivalry in college football?

Wake's young DB's seem to be getting better at playing pass defense. They seem to be learning something from bad experience (and maybe better coaching).

ETA:

D-line got some good pressure on Finley, even though they didn't get sacks. He had to make some throws sooner than he wanted to.
The change in coaching was unlikely to exhibit itself immediately. It was going to take several weeks and it seems to be paying dividends now

Last edited:
One more observation on this game - I am pretty sure that the scorekeepers were fucking with the clock in the 4th quarter. Unless college football has stopped stopping the clock on a first down until the first down chain is moved (have they?), the clock was NOT stopping on first downs.

It was fucking beautiful that State only had 30 seconds left. If they hadn't have fucked with the clock, they'd have probably had 60 to 90 seconds.

It may not have been visible on the broadcast but after the Emezie TD to start Q4, the State D came out for the next series dancing around to the student song swaying back and forth like they had it licked. Friend sitting with me said, "have you seen that video of premature celebrations where teams end up losing?" "Hope this is added next week."

These gems from PackPride speak volumes. What a bunch of tools. They can't accept the fact Wake Forest has an equal or better football history than they do.

And do any Wake fans actually consider Stat to be our main rival?

I've been to Groves a lot. Yes it's bigger than Richmond or Scotland County but it's deceptively small. Each and every year they have one or two or three midgets that was too small to get a UNC or State offer come out of nowhere and play the game of his little undersized life. These are kids that can't play a full season in P-5, but they almost always have a damn high IQ and remind me of a combination of that shitty little kid from West Va who played football for Carolina a few years ago, and Daniel Evans.

I think we have forgotten that Wake Forest used to be located in Wake County and consider us their main rival - not UNC, not Duke. We don't pay them enough respect and pay the price.

Guess Lincolnton is small enough but Surratt sure didn't play like a midget.

What a bunch of wieners. The “woe is me” State whining goes well with their irritating unearned arrogance. You’d think by now they’d get some humility.

I can’t get over the arrogance I’ve read and heard from my State friends. Hello!! You’re 7 & 9 against little old Wake Forest the last 16 years. You’ll soon have 5 qb’s in the NFL, and all of them lost at least once to Wake. Deal with it.

Tiers....

Have heard several conversations in public yesterday and today from state fans/grads who are still in disbelief and act like WF is a second class citizen.

Tiers....

Have heard several conversations in public yesterday and today from state fans/grads who are still in disbelief and act like WF is a second class citizen.

Yup. That's why it's so good to beat them....especially in football. Love it.

Tiers....

How could we ever be First class if we don't have a bass fishing team? Really now.

011edited.jpg

Back