• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

Another opponent puts up 50+ on us. Our only hope is that they turn the ball over 5 or 6 times...and that may not be enough.

Oh, you'll get at least two 40+ passes , and complete one trick play on our weak ass secondary.

One thing is guaranteed, our QBs will throw about 40x tonight. State will load the box and force Newman to beat them.

just glad the Panthers are playing so I can focus my attention on that.

What about QB1 ??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!?!?

Same. Going to the neighborhood bar to watch at least the first half of both games. My hope is Wake at least keeps it close until the Panthers game starts.

I give him 3 series.

I have no idea how Newman will look tonight, but he was rated 16th best dual threat QB when we recruited him, so under the circumstances I think he needs to get a fair chance. He got offered by State, Duke, BC, WVa, Cuse and Vandy according to 247sports, so it seems he was much more highly recruited than Sam. I will be the first to say that doesn't mean much, but I remember there being a good bit of excitement that we got him. Let's see what he can do in a spot where he's the guy and let him sink or swim.

Clawson reiterated that the QB battle was essentially a tie, and that Jamie's injury locked in Hartman as the starter. I don't know why people here try to make it seem like he sucks but he doesn't.

Rough opponent to make your first start against, though. I don't expect him to perform really well or anything but he'll get more than three series.

Hope Newman makes quicker decisions in the RPO than he has in his earlier playing time. The QB-RB exchange has been painfully slow.

Clawson reiterated that the QB battle was essentially a tie, and that Jamie's injury locked in Hartman as the starter. I don't know why people here try to make it seem like he sucks but he doesn't.

Rough opponent to make your first start against, though. I don't expect him to perform really well or anything but he'll get more than three series.

The short week doesn't do him any favors either. Definitely a tough spot to step into, maybe he surprises us.

Yeah I mean it won’t be great for a couple reasons, but a couple people are acting like the guy sucks and he doesn’t.

Yeah, State has beaten every bad to mediocre team they've played this year. No reason to think tonight will be any different.

Yeah, State has beaten every bad to mediocre team they've played this year. No reason to think tonight will be any different.

I think Cuse is mediocre. I have a weird feeling we make it interesting, so I'm going to stay away from the line. Might just be the leftover steak I ate for lunch, though.

Hoping the OL can hold up during the first few series giving Newman time to settle in and get a rhythm going. On the other side of the ball, hopefully the D can make some big plays throwing off any momentum state will try to get going. GO DEACS!

I see that Mike Allen has finally made the two-deep. Technically, he is listed third, but happy to see it and look forward to seeing him on the field more this week. He looked good on the play or two I noticed him against Syracuse.

Back