• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

I suppose Mike Allen is a gamer and figured out he needed to at least show in practice some to get on the field. Now that he is on the field ... may need to leave him there. Holy shit. He's throwing aside NFL lineman.

Am I the only one who thinks Newman's physique could be turned into a huge advantage for our offense if someone would actually design an offense toward his strengths? Kid has fantastic size, appears to have a very strong arm and can get the short yardage run when required. I'm not declaring him Cam Newton but he definitely has a football body that could be used to our advantage.

Does our OC have any imagination to design an offense to accentuate his strengths?

What am I missing here?

Facepalm

I guess you just didn't watch our first possession in which we ran 1st and 2nd downs to set up a 3rd and long. OK, moving on. Mike Allen is WORKING.

The first possession was a 5 yard run and a 4 yard run to set up 3rd and 1 which we got with a 4 yard run. What are you talking about?

Are you talking about when Newman got sacked and we ran on 2nd and 11? That's no crime when the run was working.

Facepalm

I guess you just didn't watch our first possession in which we ran 1st and 2nd downs to set up a 3rd and long. OK, moving on. Mike Allen is WORKING.

That didn't happen. When we ran on 1st and 2nd down we got the 1st. We tried to throw on first down and ended up in a 3rd and long. We then put together an extended drive of mostly run plays that should have included a Washington catch for a first and at least a field goal. But hey, keep criticizing.

Not a bad first Q. Much like most of our games this year.

Newman will have to complete some passes or else State will just play the run. We need to let him throw on 1st down. Everyone knows he has to pass 3rd and long.

Yeah, if we can’t score, it’s gonna get ugly.

Only a matter of time.

The first quarter wasn't pretty but it could have been much worse. Kudos to the D for keeping the damage at six points.

Washington's drop was inexcusable. If the pass hits you in both hands you need to catch it.

Decent enough 3rd and long playcall.

I'd love to see Newman get the ball to Dortch deep on a post pattern. I know there's a bigger threat of a pick throwing down the middle of the field, but there's also more of a chance the receiver can get under the ball.

The first possession was a 5 yard run and a 4 yard run to set up 3rd and 1 which we got with a 4 yard run. What are you talking about?

Are you talking about when Newman got sacked and we ran on 2nd and 11? That's no crime when the run was working.
I'll take the L. It's what I get for trying to multi-task doing work while watching. Apologies. Still strongly believe running so much is gonna lead in aggregate to a lot more 3rd and 7+s than 3rd and 1 or 2s. Quick passes to Dortch with some runs mixed in should be the gameplan. I think Newman is capable of running the offense a little quicker.

Back