• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

You made the classic mistake of assuming people aren’t dumb as shit, and more importantly for polling are self aware and don’t want to admit they are dumb as shit.

Still alot of major D areas in Fla to come in.

I have not seen this reported, where are there still precincts that need to report? I want to believe, but 2016 has me scarred.

I have not seen this reported, where are there still precincts that need to report? I want to believe, but 2016 has me scarred.

NY Times. You can drill down by county. Scott's areas are almost all in and the SE corner, huge D areas, with significant votes out.

Alright might be time to move from beer to bourbon. We need a momentum change here.

I was pretty happy to see my monthly premiums were going up from $780 to $900 per month during open enrollment. So getting rid of Obamacare seems like a great idea. Also didn't want any pre-existing conditions covered. No biggie.

Still alot of major D areas in Fla to come in.

Not sure "a lot" is the right word. Nelson would need to win the remaining 4% by at least 65 to 35, and Gillum would need to win at an even higher margin. Not impossible but pretty doubtful.

Last edited:
I thought Gillum had this sewed up - what the fuck.

NATE SILVER9:13 PM
A world with even greater urban-rural polarization, which is roughly what we’re seeing in the results so far tonight, is a tough world electorally for Democrats given how rural areas have a disproportionate amount of influence in the Senate.

Amanda Litman from Run For Something has some inspiring news.

A thing to keep in mind: The GOP has invested in state & local gov’t for decades. They won the seats, wrote the rules, drew the districts, and put their thumb on the scales to make it harder for us to regain power. It will take more than just 18 months to undo that.

https://twitter.com/amandalitman

I'll say this for the Pubs, they've created a formula over the past twenty years, and it works. Run campaigns based on generating fear, loathing, and resentment of targeted minority groups and "liberal elites" to gin up their base, spend massive amounts of money to elect candidates from Congress down to statehouses and state legislatures, use control of state governments to gerrymander the hell out of their states to make it extremely difficult for Democrats to regain a majority, and profit. Add in a television "news" network that is nothing but a propaganda machine for the GOP, and to which millions of Americans are addicted, and a POTUS whose following has taken on all the aspects of a cult, and it's a powerful combination, and one for which the Democrats still seem to have no really effective response. Most depressing.

I’m a little surprised that there appears to be a slight polling error in GOPs favor tonight.

After the VA 2017 off year, I thought there was a good chance polls were under-representing dem support.

I think “slight polling error” is BS issues like the caravan and Trump’s late lies pushing his base to the polls. Democrats still haven’t figured out how to counter BS.

Florida wins again. Is there anything more ironic than Florida, of all states, dictating the direction of the entire country?

Republicans have done their best to neuter the efficacy of democracy in America, and they achieved it beyond their wildest dreams.

God I'm getting more depressed by the minute.

Florida wins again. Is there anything more ironic than Florida, of all states, dictating the direction of the entire country?

We are a country that leads with its dick.

It seems like Beto knows how to do something other Dems don't know how to do.

Back