• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

I'll say this for the Pubs, they've created a formula over the past twenty years, and it works. Run campaigns based on generating fear, loathing, and resentment of targeted minority groups and "liberal elites" to gin up their base, spend massive amounts of money to elect candidates from Congress down to statehouses and state legislatures, use control of state governments to gerrymander the hell out of their states to make it extremely difficult for Democrats to regain a majority, and profit. Add in a television "news" network that is nothing but a propaganda machine for the GOP, and to which millions of Americans are addicted, and a POTUS whose following has taken on all the aspects of a cult, and it's a powerful combination, and one for which the Democrats still seem to have no really effective response. Most depressing.

Republicans are way overrepresented at the Federal level thanks to the Senate and Electoral College systems.

Are they trying to depress turnout on the west coast???? What the fuck.

Seriously. "Hey West Coast libs! No need to show up!"

Honestly, in my ideal system Election "Day" runs from Friday morning at 7 am PST/10 am EST to Sunday at 7 pm PST/10 pm EST. All polls close at the same time throughout the country.

I was pretty happy to see my monthly premiums were going up from $780 to $900 per month during open enrollment. So getting rid of Obamacare seems like a great idea. Also didn't want any pre-existing conditions covered. No biggie.

Our premiums only went up 3% this year. HMO’s went down this year, with PPOs going up a lot. But the greater point is people have been seeing increases of that size for 6 years straight. It wasn’t because of Obamacare, but it became easy to blame.

And Cruz is up in TX.

The platform of owning the libs is apparently appealing. The boards pubs will be pretty insufferable in their gloating

The never-trump masshole in me is still holding out hope that newly elected Senator Romney rips off his suit jacket in his victory speech to reveal a “fuck trump” t-shirt, disavows the GOP and decides to become an Independent and caucus with the Dems...tipping power to the Democrats.

A man can dream.

Back