• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

I don’t see how you look at ted Cruz and are like yeah that’s a guy I want to represent me

Hope AZ and NV are Senate pick-ups.

All you progressive lawyers should get your resumes ready. The House is going to need a lot of you.

Hope AZ and NV are Senate pick-ups.

All you progressive lawyers should get your resumes ready. The House is going to need a lot of you.

The early voting in Nevada has looked good for Democrats the past few days, but I read a couple of hours ago that the exit polls from Arizona didn't look very good for Sinema.

NBC calls the House for Dems.

Phew...

I clearly spend less time one the tunnels since trump has been elected, but is the general sentiment from the left, disappointment?

Just curious to feel the pulse. Seems to me like the results tonight are pretty much what is expected with a slight trend towards red (but not massive).

If you buy the assumption that this election is a referendum on Trump, then it’s hugely disappointing that it’s not blowout city. It’s disappointing how normative the worst parts of trumpism have the potential to become.

It's disappointing because the feeling was that Democrats had the momentum to flip more than 50% of pure tossups, but that is not looking to be the case. Add in some huge polling errors from the looks of it in the FL governor race and IN Senate race, and disappointment creeps in.

Gotcha. Since I no longer really hold to a party, I would have a hard time gloating over anything.

Ya’ll still got the house though. That’s a win that will be a thorn in the side of trump.

If you buy the assumption that this election is a referendum on Trump, then it’s hugely disappointing that it’s not blowout city. It’s disappointing how normative the worst parts of trumpism have the potential to become.

My guess is that there is a large percentage of people who vote republican that don’t like trump but like the republican on the ticket for senate, gov or house. So that while polling for trump sucks, it’s best not to strictly apply that distain to all the republicans running - even if that person is supported by trump.

Disappointing for Dems. Need every seat they can get for the elections in 2/4 years to try to get control of the Senate.

Back