• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

Going to be hard for the Dems to take the Senate in 2020. That's why bashing centrist Dems in red states is so pointless and self-defeating.

Ah yes Stephanie Ruhle is now on MSNBC.

MSNBC pundits are 10x hotter and more intelligent than Fox News’.

Don’t totally understand why Dems are jaded tonight. I agree, I was hoping for a 2007 New England Patriots style blowout as well but 2 years ago BKF and Moonz were rubbing our noses in a big orange turd and declaring the end of the Democratic Party. Then we all knew the Senate map was downright awful.

Now we’re looking at a win in the house, some good governor pickups and hopefully some downballot races. The resistance holds the line.

Oh and now we have Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff in place of Devin Nunes.

Tonight’s a good night for the republic.

Was as expected for Dems. Obviously better than the last few years. Might get Trump to resign the next few years. Senate coulda stayed tighter which let one or two people hold power to change things and/or made it easier to get full control of Congress in 2020/2022. Alotta these senate losses are by 1/2 Points which hurt.

Going to be hard for the Dems to take the Senate in 2020. That's why bashing centrist Dems in red states is so pointless and self-defeating.

No way to know what two years will look like, certainly a tough red map but we could have a major recession and some dumbass trump war.

Crazy reports about 3 hours long line in Orange County, Ca. Now Bradley effect?

Steve King is currently losing in IA-4, though its early. I'll go to bed a little happier if that one works.

Gillum conceding now.

This tweet made my night

CNN officially projecting that Dems take back the House. Hopefully its be a 30-40 seat margin. Now I can go to bed.

Rep stranglehold on NC legislature has been severely lessened. They will keep small majorities, but the super majorities are long gone.

Steve King is currently losing in IA-4, though its early. I'll go to bed a little happier if that one works.

Gillum conceding now.

Good concession speech.

Everyone giddy about house control with investigations after this election should realize you are dealing with a fucking insane cult, if you find anything it will be dismissed as fake news because the orange shit stain say it is. You can subpoena his tax returns and show the guy is poorer than a coal miner waiting for his job to come back and being held together by Russian debts but the psychopaths will still say he a good businessman.

Yep. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely glad the Dems will win control of the House (by a fairly narrow margin), and appear to have some decent gains in governorships, but seeing so many people gladly vote for Republicans given the campaigns they've run across the country is very disappointing. Trump just spent the past month flat-out lying, race-baiting, and fearmongering at every campaign rally, and he's basically being rewarded with a GOP gain of anywhere from 2 to 4 Senate seats at this point. Three of the most attractive and exciting Democratic candidates, Gillum, Beto, and Abrams, all lost to guys who are either racist scumbags (Kemp), creepy sleazeballs (Cruz), or bumbling empty suits supported by racists (DeSantis). With that extra Senate margin, the GOP will continue to ram through right-wing judges, and will find it much easier to appoint anyone they want if there's a SC vacancy.

No doubt I'm glad the Dems are taking the House, making gains in some statehouses, and will at least break the veto-proof majority in the NC legislature, so this isn't like the 2016 election in that sense. It is obviously going to be a long process to revive the Democrats and win back the Senate and more statehouses and state legislature seats. Seeing clear evidence that so many Americans actually support what Trump and the GOP now stand for is rather depressing. One would like to hope for something better.

45569163_10217393239044033_120010826588356608_n.jpg

White women.

Back