• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

How is that looney toons?

How could you not think people who have been suppressing votes since more people besides themselves had the right to vote wouldn’t throw out votes for arbitrary reasons? You’re not dumb, catamount.

why do you think he isn’t dumb?

The signature match is a terrible idea.

I have probably at least four very different “signatures” I use, mainly depending on how hurried I am. Varies from totally illegible to legible.

And yes, I’ve had trouble at the bank because of this.

Signature match is simply a way to suppress voting and fix the election. How surprising that the most fixed state in country uses it.

So what is the status of the Broward county votes. Are they all counted?

There’s some announcement at noon and Gillum is making an announcement at 3:00.

Seems like McSally knows they’re full of shit and she doesn’t want to attack her fellow AZ Republicans who are running the election.

She's thinking long term. If she goes full Trump, her political career is over as are her contacts to lots of people with power. Trump lost the Congressional elections by double the popular vote numbers he lost to Hillary.

She sees the writing on the wall and knows Trump will fuck her later anyway. There's no reason to follow him.

After years of LePage, Maine went very blue Tuesday

But on Tuesday, in the greatest shift in partisan makeup of a state government in the United States this year, voters chose Democrat Janet Mills to replace a term-limited LePage and gave her party control of both chambers.

“It’s a new day in Maine,” said Mills in an interview. “The current governor’s unpredictability has sent the wrong message to the world about Maine and that will stop with me. I want to be recruiter-in-chief, the promoter-in-chief and the closer-in-chief, and I will have partners in the Legislature to help tackle big goals.”

The immediate impact for Mainers won’t just be the tone in Augusta: The state is now poised to move forward with expanding Medicaid, which was approved by voters in 2017 but stalled by LePage over financial concerns despite court orders. At the time, he said he would rather go to jail “before I put the state in red ink.”

And LePage? He’ll be far away. He told reporters this week he plans to retire to Florida.

Apparently, today's votes released in Arizona at 7 will be the last of the pre-election day votes that should favor Sinema. The votes released tomorrow at 7 from Maricopa County are those that were cast on election day, which McSally and many observers think will favor her. If that's true, Sinema needs to build on her lead in tonight's release to hold off an expected McSally advantage tomorrow. This race is far from over, it appears.

What is Arizona’s recount policy?

At this point there should be cameras monitoring every angle of polling locations, and storage/transport of all ballots should be in secure containers with gps tracking. There is zero excuse for entire boxes of ballots being found and us having to endure the credibility of the process being questioned.

Don't get me wrong, I want every single vote counted and I want every eligible voter given unfettered access to cast a ballot without fear it will be disqualified for bullshit reasons.

If FL ends up in a manual recount, i hope every single ballot is reviewed and every disqualified vote is audited for accuracy
Get this shit right people.

Sinema has the lead in Maricopa for votes counted so far.

FL is officially going to a recount.

I don’t know why we are surprised a bunch of rubes that look at presidential area map and see that a lot of landmass is red don’t understand population density and number of votes to be counted is greater in urban than rural.

I don’t know why we are surprised a bunch of rubes that look at presidential area map and see that a lot of landmass is red don’t understand population density and number of votes to be counted is greater in urban than rural.

Yep. These are the people who claim that the great majority of "Real Americans" are Republicans, and as proof post those election maps with most of the country showing as bright red. "See? Look at how big all the red areas are, and how small the blue areas are!" It just never occurs to them that more people live in those tightly packed blue areas than in all those often nearly-empty red ones, such as in the middle of the nation.

Arizona just released today's vote count, and with 88% of the total vote now counted, Sinema's lead has grown to 28,500 votes. Unfortunately, most of the remaining 12% will favor McSally, according to some articles I've read, because the votes to be released starting tomorrow were done on election day, and those votes have favored McSally thus far. Tomorrow's vote total released at 7 will be huge, and may well indicate who will win.

Back