• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

why does Florida always fuck elections up?

I think the truth is that it's a high population state that always seems to be very close elections

And realizing that they fucked up one election doesn't cause them to prepare for the next one.

I think the truth is that it's a high population state that always seems to be very close elections

Yeah. I imagine other states and similar issues but their vote counts don’t really matter.

Also making up that 50/50 split is older voters with more power on the right and younger voters with far less power on the left.

And realizing that they fucked up one election doesn't cause them to prepare for the next one.

Well Republicans took Florida to court so that they couldn’t unfuck an election. Fixing Florida is bad for them.

Well the governor was only doing what he could do to win another close election for Senate. He wasn’t going to fix the problems that had helped Republicans before.

Well the governor was only doing what he could do to win another close election for Senate. He wasn’t going to fix the problems that had helped Republicans before.

Sinema's lead in AZ now up to nearly 36,000 votes. Another vote drop should come at 7.

It’s worth noting that AZ’s incumbent Pub governor won easily with 59% of the vote.

Update: Sinema's lead is up to 38,000 as of the 7 pm Monday update.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ace-how-arizona-voted-senate-race/1981442002/

The Arizona Republic estimates there are about 170,000 votes still to be counted. McSally would have to win those by nearly 23 percentage points to retake the lead.
Even worse, 95 percent of the uncounted votes are in Maricopa and Pima counties, the two places where she has underperformed.

In doing so, Sinema forged a path that allowed her to overtake Pima County, the Democratic-leaning county that anchors McSally's Tucson-based 2nd Congressional District.
Sinema won Pima County over McSally by about 15 percentage points.
And Sinema ran up the numbers in Maricopa County, the state's most populous area which leans Republican. She won Maricopa County by 3.7 percentage points.
As the latest round of ballots came in on Monday, Sinema again tallied big margins in Maricopa and Pima counties, the state's population centers, while McSally piled up small wins in smaller counties.
In Maricopa and Pima counties, Sinema led McSally by 103,000 votes. Elsewhere, McSally led by 64,000 votes.
The Pima County numbers may be especially painful for McSally because most of the county is in her congressional district.

AP has called it for Sinema.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...democrats-capture-a-longtime-gop-senate-seat/

Getting harder and harder for Pubs to declare victory.

Last edited:
I'd like to celebrate McSally, who ran an exceptionally lie-filled campaign, falling short, but she's probably going to be appointed to McCain's seat soon enough.

Looks like the last Dem Senator from Arizona retired in 1995. So that's cool.

[h=1]Hurricane-ravaged Florida county allowed some ‘displaced’ people to vote by email[/h] There is no provision in state law that allows for email voting.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...lowed-150-displaced-persons-to-vote-by-email/

As counties recount ballots in three statewide races and lawyers battle over the complex vote tallying in court, the top elections official in Bay County said he allowed some displaced voters to cast ballots by email or fax after Hurricane Michael hit the Panhandle, even though there is no provision for it in state law.
Bay County Supervisor of Elections Mark Andersen said Monday that 11 ballots were accepted by email and 147 ballots were domestically faxed in, though state statute does not allow emailed ballots and faxing in ballots is only permitted for military and voters overseas.
But Andersen defended his decision to accept those ballots by email and fax vigorously, noting the mass devastation that rocked the coastal county one month ago.
"You did not go through what we went through," he said, describing areas that were shut off by law enforcement and people barred from returning to their homes. "If some are unhappy we did so well up here, I don't know what to tell them. We sure had an opportunity to not do well, I can tell you that much."
Andersen said that all of those ballots were verified by signature and that voters were required to sign an oath. "If I can validate it with a signature, the ballot is there, how is that different than a ballot that comes in through the post office?"
"When devastation happens, leaders rise to the top and make decisions," he added. "I will not change my mind on this, not for these voters."
Andersen had said earlier Monday that about 150 ballots had been accepted by email, and he also told local television news station WJHG/WECP, which first reported the ballots returned by email Friday, that 147 displaced voters had sent ballots to his office that way.
"Is fax an email or is that an electronic transmission device? Well, electronic transmission, that's email," he said. "I knew some of them had been returned via fax … but I've had arguments with some people that electronic communication is all email so I figured I'd throw them all together."
After recounts were declared for three statewide races over the weekend — including U.S. Senate, governor and commissioner of agriculture — how votes are being counted across the state has come under extreme scrutiny.
The second round of unofficial returns are due Thursday at 3 p.m.
"Nobody would even be visiting anyone if the race wasn't this close," Andersen added. "It's the nature of the beast."

Bay County went 72% for DeSantis and 74% for Scott.

Back