• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

Less than 200 ballots? Doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

Assuming the large majority of those votes are for Scott, that could erase about 1% of his lead.

Less than 200 ballots? Doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

It’s a big deal in that a county that heavily supports the party of fake voter fraud claims actually had triple digit fraudulent votes.

According to Nate Silver and some others I've read, nearly all of these undecided CA House races will probably go Democratic in the end, because the remaining ballots should lean Democratic, and the GOP's leads are too small. Overall, the Democrats are on track to pick up 38 to 40 House seats, which is a significant increase over what was predicted on election night.

I didn’t even realize Nunes’ district was undecided. 35 was on the high end of projections. 40? Wow.

[h=1]FDLE silent as Rick Scott and Pam Bondi seek voter fraud investigation[/h]http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/11/12/fdle-silent-as-rick-scott-and-pam-bondi-seek-voter-fraud-investigation/

A day after Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi publicly rebuked FDLE Commissioner Rick Swearingen for not investigating claims of voter fraud in the state's midterm election, the two agencies issued a joint press release assuring the public they were watching for "criminal activity."
But they stopped short of saying whether they'd found any fraud.

Gov. Rick Scott has repeatedly gone on TV to complain of "rampant fraud" in Tuesday's election after witnessing his lead in the U.S. Senate race against Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson dwindle as votes continued to be counted after election night.

Like Bondi, he's offered no evidence of fraud in his call for an investigation. So far, FDLE officials have said they've had no evidence to warrant an investigation.

Jim York, who was FDLE commissioner under Gov. Bob Graham in the 1980s, said he was outraged that Scott and Bondi were pressuring Swearingen.
"It's extraordinary. I don't know where the attorney general feels she has any jurisdiction here," York said. "I just appreciate Swearingen, and I hope he continues to stand up to this kind of crap."
York said that Scott could simply make a formal request for an FDLE investigation, something the governor has not done. Instead, Scott has given a news conference. He's asked the agency to intervene, but only verbally and without clear evidence.
"If he wants an executive investigation, he needs to put it in writing and send it to him," York said.

Rick Scott is bullying one of his own appointees for not helping him win his election to Senate.

While Bondi can't order Swearingen to do something, she can, as a member of Florida's Cabinet, vote to get rid of him. Swearingen reports to Scott and the Cabinet, which includes Bondi, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam and Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis.

Swearingen was named to the job in 2015 after his predecessor, Gerald Bailey, was forced out by Scott. Bailey publicly accused Scott of lying and complained of repeated political interference in FDLE operations by Scott's staff or his campaign.
In the wake of Bailey's ouster, Swearingen bristled at the idea he was given the job because he was "the governor's boy."
"If I'm asked to do anything illegal, unethical or immoral, I can walk away tomorrow," he told the Times/Herald after he was hired. "I wouldn't do anything to bring discredit on this agency."

At least the nation is getting exposed to how much of a piece of shit Rick Scott is

In 2016, Clinton received 1,161,167 votes in Arizona.

There are still votes to be counted, but as of now, Sinema has received 1,097,321 votes.

That's 95% of a presidential election year.

Beto received the attention (deservedly so, he's now at 104% of Clinton votes), but Sinema's team really got the vote out.

In 2016, Clinton received 1,161,167 votes in Arizona.

There are still votes to be counted, but as of now, Sinema has received 1,097,321 votes.

That's 95% of a presidential election year.

Beto received the attention (deservedly so, he's now at 104% of Clinton votes), but Sinema's team really got the vote out.

Sinema's team sure, but with a significant assist from Trump. Midterm voting was way up all over this year due to his presence in the WH.

Bill Nelson got 91% of Hillary's vote in FL.

Stacy Abrams got 102% of Hillary's vote in GA.

Yet he won 2 terms as governor and likely senator.

In 3 very close races.

Yet he won 2 terms as governor and likely senator.

he was sort of a precursor to the rube wave. people want a corrupt businessman to lord over them apparently. he was elected governor, then along comes Trump.

I didn’t even realize Nunes’ district was undecided. 35 was on the high end of projections. 40? Wow.

Same here. I actually thought that tweet was wishful thinking at first.

Would love to see Nunes go down.

he was sort of a precursor to the rube wave. people want a corrupt businessman to lord over them apparently. he was elected governor, then along comes Trump.

Yep. Once we realize that many of our fellow citizens want corruption, we can better fight corruption.

Same here. I actually thought that tweet was wishful thinking at first.

Would love to see Nunes go down.

I hate to urinate on our collective morning Wheaties, but the RCP site, that is updated regularly, has Nunes winning 55% to 45%. That would seem like an awfully large margin to make up on mail in votes.

But really happy to see Sinema win, and here's to hoping the Nelson recount yields an unexpected upset.

Back