• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

MDMH would hate this meeting. Suburban old white ladies thanking each other for volunteering and turning the county blue.

Sadly, I'm not very surprised at the ineptitude of the Dems Senate election committee not knowing or not publicizing Cindy Hyde-Smith's racism. Hell, even just an ad about her going to a whites only HS and then sending her daughter to the same whites only HS would have been very effective.

Of course, this is the same group that didn't make healthcare the only issue in MO. Josh Hawley is personally in court to kill ACA and coverage of people with pre-existing conditions and Mitch McConnell promising to cut Medicare.

Dems at the top are weak and stupid.

This is the district I mentioned earlier was a recruiting issue for the Dems. Dolores Huerta's son dropped out close to the filing deadline and the Dems had to convince TJ Cox to run there even though he didn't live in the district. (He had been running in the 10th district.) The R incumbent got 63% of the vote in the top two primary.

34 year old water attorney from Las Cruces. I am so down for these young, impressive, attractive women candidates.

Definitely a better look than the old, unimpressive grandmother of the confederacy who just won a Senate seat in MS.

Small’s husband is a member of the N.M. House. I wonder how many married couples are both state or federal elected officials.

Pretty sad that a black Dem senate candidate in a state in which over a third of the population is black can only get 43% of the vote.

Looks like it's 46% of the vote. Interestingly, the total vote is almost the same as Election Day, a little under 900K.

Small’s husband is a member of the N.M. House. I wonder how many married couples are both state or federal elected officials.

Pretty sad that a black Dem senate candidate in a state in which over a third of the population is black can only get 43% of the vote.

voter disenfranchisement

It's MS, man. It's the 50th state or close to it in every ranking for a lot of reasons. When birdman goes to bed each night, he must say to himself that it could be worse - he could be in MS.

It's MS, man. It's the 50th state or close to it in every ranking for a lot of reasons. When birdman goes to bed each night, he must say to himself that it could be worse - he could be in MS.

This is accurate.

Back