• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

When you consider Mississippi, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, South Sudan, Somalia, Libya and Yemen, Alabama isn't so bad. Who do you root for between Auburn and Bama?

I root for the Deacons. But if I have to choose, I go with Auburn. Bama fans are like Carolina fans, most of them have absolutely no affiliation with the school other than living in a trailer park in the same state.

I root for the Deacons. But if I have to choose, I go with Auburn. Bama fans are like Carolina fans, most of them have absolutely no affiliation with the school other than living in a trailer park in the same state.

As an outsider, what are the pros/cons of each institution. I admit freely that I support Auburn between the 2, because fuck Alabama, but I have no reason for this (especially since Cam Newton cost me money in 2011). Help me be educated.

As an outsider, what are the pros/cons of each institution. I admit freely that I support Auburn between the 2, because fuck Alabama, but I have no reason for this (especially since Cam Newton cost me money in 2011). Help me be educated.

You mean academically? Auburn is known for it's science and engineering and focuses on utility/practicality of its research and teaching, Alabama is more of a classic academic institution where learning itself is the end game of a university. More broadly, 'Bama adds a lot of pride to a state that doesn't otherwise have much to be proud of. Alabamians by and large love their Crimson Tide, the one guy around here loved more than Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee is Bear Bryant and probably Nick Saban.

Last edited:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to birdman again.

Gracias for the info. I'm a nerd, so War Eagle it is.

Data and models for the win!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to birdman again.

Gracias for the info. I'm a nerd, so War Eagle it is.

LOL. Like birdman was going to choose an elephant over an eagle. Bias!

Birdman is gonna hit you with how cool birds AND elephants are, and how they are such great friends, and then give us a real great nature show fact.

Actually (*pushes glases higher up on his nose), oystercatchers being my favorite birds, tides are an absolutely essential part of their foraging strategy and therefore survival. They depend on tide cycles to expose marine invertebrates like bivalves and polycheates, which is pretty much their only food source. If anything I'd have a tide bias.

Actually (*pushes glases higher up on his nose), oystercatchers being my favorite birds, tides are an absolutely essential part of their foraging strategy and therefore survival. They depend on tide cycles to expose marine invertebrates like bivalves and polycheates, which is pretty much their only food source. If anything I'd have a tide bias.

yeah but a red, or crimson, tide is probably bad for them

yeah but a red, or crimson, tide is probably bad for them

Very good point, I was too focused on the "roll tide" part and not the crimson part:

IMG_2707-768x1024.jpg

That looks like good eatin' to me

I have a nephew at Auburn, and he loves it there. He'd like to get a job in Atlanta after school.

But ouch, Deac fan in Bama. I've at least had VT football and UVA and VT hoops to root for the last few years. You could enjoy Auburn hoops this year and until Bruce Pearl lands them on NCAA probation.

Love your bird posts, and as our resident bird expert, can you tell us the difference between a war eagle and a regular eagle?

I have a nephew at Auburn, and he loves it there. He'd like to get a job in Atlanta after school.

But ouch, Deac fan in Bama. I've at least had VT football and UVA and VT hoops to root for the last few years. You could enjoy Auburn hoops this year and until Bruce Pearl lands them on NCAA probation.

Love your bird posts, and as our resident bird expert, can you tell us the difference between a war eagle and a regular eagle?

One is a Republican, the other is a Democrat

and we, the United States, congratulate Japan for its historic victory in WWII

Last edited:
Back