• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

One of my friends posted this today:

Not voting says:
1) You don’t feel like any of this affects you so it doesn’t matter, even though it absolutely does.
2) You don’t care about the people who are more directly affected and your privilege is showing.
3) You don’t care about the people who were beaten and killed to earn You this incredible right.

Go. Vote.

4) You live in a liberal nirvana and your vote isn't going to matter whatsoever.

Looks like the Post endorses Brianne Nadeau for the Council and Jason Andrean for the Board of Ed. I admittedly don't know much about Ward 1 representation. For the at-large seat I voted for Silverman over Reeder. Reeder was endorsed by the Post, but my friends who are closer to DC politics than me, and who I generally agree with politically, argued that Silverman is the way to go. Reeder got a bunch of corporate backing when Bowser backed her and Silverman is very supportive of paid family leave.

Also, calculated recently that Crumbs work out to about a 14% raise for me. Om Om Om.

Rep. Steve King bars Des Moines Register from Election Night event

The Register reported Tuesday that the congressman’s son, Jeff King, who is a campaign staffer, responded to the paper’s request for credentials in an email Tuesday morning.

“We are not granting credentials to the Des Moines Register or any other leftist propaganda media outlet with no concern for reporting the truth,” Jeff King said in the email, according to the newspaper.

Watching CNN. They quoted an El Paso resident who said the Beto watch party is the biggest thing to happen in the area since Texas Western beat Kentucky to win the NCAA Tournament.

Even seen King's facebook page?

45344502_2278822868858376_8909392172122374144_n.png

no line at my polling place, but basically I can only vote against Mark Meadows and the amendments, not like those will matter. thanks NC Republicans!

Watching CNN. They quoted an El Paso resident who said the Beto watch party is the biggest thing to happen in the area since Texas Western beat Kentucky to win the NCAA Tournament.

It's El Paso. So that's probably true.

Working for a Forsyth County campaign and the BoE has been a complete shitshow from start to finish. They're not conducting mandatory curbside voting at a polling location (I won't disclose it rn) - telling the locals already waiting for 30 mins that it will be another hour. That same station is the only one we're looking at refusing to provide poll numbers upon request (a normal request).

In addition, I tried to vote at my usual district polling station and they wanted to force me to file a provisional ballot - not correct at all but i'll let it slide - except that they didn't have any provisional ballots left. I called the voter suppression hotline because I didn't want to wait a stated hour to cast my vote and they found a magic way to let me sign an affirmation and cast my vote with a traditional ballot.

There is genuine incompetence/shady shit going down in Forsyth County polling places tonight.

polls on the east coast start closing in like an hour, right?

NBC says independents are breaking 2:1 as having a primary issue of health care:immigration.

Voting accomplished. The elderly ladies running our polling places were condescending and snippy, and it is raining pretty hard here in Lawrence, but we still got it done.

Now, we wait.

Back