• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
For fast moving discussion.

In line in Brookline to vote. Probably 50-75 people in front of me. About the same length line was the same time in 2016.

I’ll be watching 538’s live blog most of the day, too bad nothing really important results-wise will come in for a bit

Should be pretty dead till probably 6 or 7 when thet first East Coast returns start coming in

Was just turned away from one polling place because it was the wrong precinct, despite the polling place I was “supposed” to go to being 3 blocks away. Not a big deal, was just hoping to knock out voting while on campus today.

Was just turned away from one polling place because it was the wrong precinct, despite the polling place I was “supposed” to go to being 3 blocks away. Not a big deal, was just hoping to knock out voting while on campus today.

I have a school literally one block from my house that is a polling place. Yet my polling place is at least 6 blocks away. It's so annoying.

That said, I haven't voted on Election Day in a long time. Pretty much always vote early at the community center up the street. (Voted last Tuesday)

I have a school literally one block from my house that is a polling place. Yet my polling place is at least 6 blocks away. It's so annoying.

That said, I haven't voted on Election Day in a long time. Pretty much always vote early at the community center up the street. (Voted last Tuesday)

I vote on Election Day as somewhat of a tradition. I don't know why, just kind of like walking up to the poll, casting my vote, then watching the results come in later that day.

Was complete shit weather this morning so going after work. Probably a huge mistake as that is most likely everyone else’s plan. Since I moved my new polling location is a primitive Baptist Church so that should be fun.

black-panthers-main-image-640x480.jpg

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...mocrat-gubernatorial-candidate-stacey-abrams/

My voting location is literally three doors down from me.

In and out in roughly half an hour this morning. I apparently forgot to respond to the most recent Brookline/MA census so my registration was "inactive" - easily sorted out by showing them my ID and an electric bill. Weird since I've voted in every election that somehow I was off the active list, but oh well.

Anyone going to or hosting an election results party tonight? I'll probably just tuck it in at home with some booze and hope for the best.

My Senate Democrats predictions:

Phil Bredesen - loss
Bill Nelson - win
Joe Donnelly - win
Claire McCa$kill - win
Jon Tester - win
Jacky Rosen - win
Bob Menendez - loss
Heidi Heitkamp - loss
Beto - loss
Joe Manchin - win
Kyrsten Sinema - win

Last edited:
Anyone going to or hosting an election results party tonight? I'll probably just tuck it in at home with some booze and hope for the best.

I was "invited" (pretty much anyone is permitted to go) to Laura Kelly's KS governor election results party, but I'll probably just chill at home. I'm going to be too nervous and high-strung to be around people tonight. Too much at stake, and 2016 was a really rough night. Not going to take anything for granted.

That being said, I'm really excited to accept all good news snippets as gospel and dismiss any bad news as an insignificant outlier.

My Senate Democrats predictions:
Bill Nelson - win
Joe Donnelly - win
Claire McCa$kill - win
Jon Tester - win
Dean Heller - loss
Bob Menendez - loss
Heidi Heitkamp - loss
Beto - loss
Joe Manchin - win

Flip Menendez to win and Beto to win and you have my predictions.

I am. At least for part of the night. Interested in the Forsyth sales tax referendum and will be tracking the Winston-Salem bond results in real-time (even have a by-precinct list of the bond results from 2014 to compare with)

Predictions

House +40 to Democrats

Senate
Bill Nelson - win
Joe Donnelly - win
Claire McCaskill - loss
Jon Tester - loss
Dean Heller - loss
Bob Menendez - win
Heidi Heitkamp - loss
Beto - loss
Joe Manchin - win
Sinema - win

Kemp wins Georgia
Gillum wins Florida

Last edited:
Even with nothing coming in for most of the day it's going to be a long day and tough to concentrate.

I'll put my (patented Numbers sure to be wrong) predictions out in a few.

I was "invited" (pretty much anyone is permitted to go) to Laura Kelly's KS governor election results party, but I'll probably just chill at home. I'm going to be too nervous and high-strung to be around people tonight. Too much at stake, and 2016 was a really rough night. Not going to take anything for granted.

That being said, I'm really excited to accept all good news snippets as gospel and dismiss any bad news as an insignificant outlier.

I've been going back and forth about whether I want to be around people or not. At this point I don't have any plans to go out. 2016 was rough, 2017 was good, but think I'd rather watch this one from my couch.

Is it too early to start drinking?

I’m going to hand out Dem info sheets at a polling place this afternoon. Not going to a party. We may have people over this weekend if there is something to celebrate.

Back