• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread - No Back Problems For K This Year

Not going to get into a stats argument with you, but small percentage differences matter when you are talking about large amounts of data.

If our opponents are shooting more 3s and making a higher percentage of them against our defense, it is a bad thing. I don't know what other context you need on that. The fact that we were 309th in the country (out of 351 teams) in opponents 3 pt % is not good.

Of course we played several teams that took more 3s than the average. We also played a number that attempted fewer.

I'm not drawing conclusions on what our defensive strategy should be... I am cherry picking a few stats that suggest we didn't defend the 3 well the last couple of seasons. It's tough to win basketball games when your opponents are successfully raining 3s on your defense. Hopefully it improves this year.

Especially bad to allow so many threes given KP analysis that teams that take more threes tend to make a higher percentage.

Cherry picking is the operative phrase.

I'll cherry pick some more:

St. Joe's 3 games so far this season from 3:
10 for 21
7 for 29
16 for 30

Which opponent did they shoot the most against? Make the most against? Shoot the highest percentage against?

10 for 21
7 for 29
16 for 30

Which opponent did they shoot the most against? Make the most against? Shoot the highest percentage against?

Bottom line - not all 3s are created equal.

10 for 21
7 for 29
16 for 30

I'll take a guess! The one with the most tendency to give up a greater number of and higher percentage of made threes?!?! It's almost like teams work it into their gameplan to take more threes against us because we are bad at defending threes...

I always thought Chaminade beat UVa in the Maui not that it was created because of the upset.

And of course Keyshawn is lighting it up. Has 15 points at halftime at creighton. In the studio during halftime they said after having shown the wake highlights, “don’t you think wake wishes they had woods today?!”

Please make it stop!

UConn over Syr.
#coachingmattersronnie

Ron would probably love to hire Kevin Ollie. I could see the presser now "National Championship winning coach, and laid the foundation for Coach Hurley's success at UConn.... Jim Calhoun? I'm sorry I'm only familiar with coaches who win with other coaches recruiting classes."

I didn’t really understand the hype a few ACC teams were getting to start the year. Cuse was one of them. Looks like I wasn’t that far off in my thinking. People saying they could contend for a national title this season were crazy

I didn’t really understand the hype a few ACC teams were getting to start the year. Cuse was one of them. Looks like I wasn’t that far off in my thinking. People saying they could contend for a national title this season were crazy

Agree.

Like Nova being pre-season top 10, then they get whacked by UM and people say, well they lost 4 starters from last year. NS Sherlock, then why did you rank them so high?

Furman missed front end of 1 and 1 with game tied against Villanova with 2.3 secs left. Going to OT.

Furman has already beaten 2 Final Four teams -- Nova and Loyola Chicago.

Landers Nolley, freshman at VT, is having to retake the ACT to be cleared by the NCAA. Apparently they thought his score was too high compared to his overall GPA.

Back