• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Some really selfish offense in the last 2 minutes. I am not sure there were any passes. I get that some of those guys are so talented that they feel they can get to the rim whenever they want but it was all one on one the last couple of minutes and the refs did not bail them out.

Yep. Not enough balls to go around with the fab 3. Predict chemistry issues like last year. These one and done teams haven’t won many NCAA titles. Duke in 2015 and maybe Ky one year?

buncha donks
Meh, I just call it how I see it. There's a reason why Evan Daniels has called this the weakest class since he's been covering recruiting. They'll be good players, but I don't see anything special. Zion and Barrett are pretty flawed. I'd probably give Reddish the best chance of being a top ~20 player at the NBA level.

Meh, I just call it how I see it. There's a reason why Evan Daniels has called this the weakest class since he's been covering recruiting. They'll be good players, but I don't see anything special. Zion and Barrett are pretty flawed. I'd probably give Reddish the best chance of being a top ~20 player at the NBA level.

lol

Oregon just lost to KP #268 Texas Southern... They were a 25 point favorite.

Yikes.

That's probably a worse loss than we had (only because Oregon is a much better team than Wake).

Oregon just lost to KP #268 Texas Southern... They were a 25 point favorite.

Yikes.

That's probably a worse loss than we had (only because Oregon is a much better team than Wake).

That is a real shocker

HBU lost at home last night to UT-San Antonio 86-82. Jalon Gates who lit up WF with a career high six 3 pointers went 1 for 7 from deep against UTSA.

Equally surprising win by BC and loss by Clemson last night to start out the ACC/Bit Ten Challenge. Should be another good night of games tonight. Pitt/Iowa will be interesting to see just how quick Capel can turn around Pitt and NCSU/Wisky will test if the joke schedule NCSU has played so far has propped up their 5-0 record or if they can duplicate a 3rd place finish in the ACC again.

HBU lost at home last night to UT-San Antonio 86-82. Jalon Gates who lit up WF with a career high six 3 pointers went 1 for 7 from deep against UTSA.

We should have guarded him. Nobody on that team was any good.

I'm not trying to defend anything about the HBU game, but the six threes (or career highs by other players) is a silly comment. He hit six last year once and four or five seven other times last year. He had a marginally better game.

He got 20 against us and had 15 vs. AZ and 12 against a good WI team. Given the fact that HBU got 60/59 as a team in those games, it would be logical that he would get 20 if his team scored 93 (that's the issue).

There's plenty to bitch about one of the worst losses in Wake history, but this is a very peripheral issue.

Keatts, Mack, and Capel all have their boys playing very good ball right now...

Imagine that, a new coach can make a difference...

That ref performance in the State/Wisky game. Wooo boy.

That ref performance in the State/Wisky game. Wooo boy.

Meh. If NC State had any discipline, they would have figured out how to avoid those calls. Perhaps pass the ball and not just isolate and drive every single play with your makeshift "team" of castoffs - not too hard for Davison to figure out exactly what his guy was doing. State employed the "foul every possession and dare the refs to call it every time" defense and then whine about the refs afterwards.

It is fun going over to Pack Pride after they lose like this though. They are just really, really dumb, and tintin is over there rubing it up with them.

Last edited:
Back