• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

To me, the disappointing ACC team last night was VT (and I like VT). Penn St was better than I expected, though were wearing black and pink for whatever reason. But Tech has size issues. Sy, who was (med) redshirted last year and was supposed to play again this year, but is no longer on the team. And Clarke is indefinitely suspended. That leaves Blackshear as their only decent big. They're going to get killed on the boards in ACC play and down low on D if Clarke isn't reinstated. In order to win ACC games, they're going to need both for Blackshear to stay out of foul trouble and to have hot shooting to outscore teams.

VT has major depth issues. Only four (4) players scored. Only 7 Hokies played, including one bench guy for a token 5 minutes; 3 starters had 38+ minutes. If Clarke doesn't comeback they are going to wear out.

VT has major depth issues. Only four (4) players scored. Only 7 Hokies played, including one bench guy for a token 5 minutes; 3 starters had 38+ minutes. If Clarke doesn't comeback they are going to wear out.

Yeah, it's really disappointing. They would have been a really good team this year with Sy and Clarke. Without both, I don't think they dance.

Clarke posted a picture of himself with a UHaul truck. This suggests to me that he’s not going to be reinstated. I do understand things can change.

One thing that will be interesting with Buzz and Keatts is that neither wants to play with more than one big on the floor but is that going to lead to issues with being able to recruit ACC size/talent? NCSU got the Samford grad transfer for this year and next that actually looks like he physically can play/bang down low in the ACC and he held up fine yesterday against Happ so that was a little surprising to me and a good sign for NCSU moving forward this season. With SKJ and him next year along with Funderburke State will have the size needed at least for one season but will that keep up if KK doesn't give the big guys PT? Same problem with Buzz, and you can see the problems he is going to have this year at VT pretty immediately this season. Will be interesting to watch as bball continues to get smaller and more spaced.

VT didn't play many guys last year, either... And they're usually undersized. I think they'll be just fine.

VT didn't play many guys last year, either... And they're usually undersized. I think they'll be just fine.

If staying in the top 30-40 range is what you aspire to then yea, they will be fine. I would think they are aiming for more than that I think that's going to be really hard to do if Buzz continues to neglect size.

Yeah, it's really disappointing. They would have been a really good team this year with Sy and Clarke. Without both, I don't think they dance.

Getting Nolley eligible would help. I think last night was an outlier. When Robinson has only 1 assist, they will struggle.

As much as I don't really like Buzz and certainly am fine with VT sucking again lets not act like the loss last night for them is anything to worry about. They lost to the #38 KenPom team on their home floor. Nothing to worry about there. That's a Tier A game. No shame in losing that one by 1.

over/under on avg margin of defeat being greater than 20 for wake in ACC play...Worse part is Danny will laugh it offcounting his millions...i can't believe this shit

So when Wake is DFL this season, guess we're excluded from the Challenge again next year.

I think I heard Belien say " we have to really guard the basket because that's where they get the majority of their points".

Still smarter than anything Manning ever said.

Or maybe throw in a Penn State, not sure we've played them yet in the challenge

I just read that the Iowa radio guy is suspended for two games because he was caught on a live mic at halftime criticizing their team... just imaging what Stan must be thinking, and probably saying off-air about our program, sheez! Poor guy must be praying that football never ends...

Back