Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Barnes is less likely to leave his school on NCAA probation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Barnes is less likely to leave his school on NCAA probation.
    This. I have a nephew at Auburn, and his 1st semester he said he had heard the hoops coach give a talk and said he was really impressive. I told him to give him 2-3 years and they'd have a really good team but go on probation soon thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Define football school.
    Doesn't lose to Vandy 38-13

Barnes and [redacted] were assistants together at Davidson. Meaningless factoid.

5* Kentucky sophomore guard Quade Green to transfer.

Houstonís new 7000 seat arena seems like a crazy environment. Kelvin loses his star player from last year & still has a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    5* Kentucky sophomore guard Quade Green to transfer.
    WECOME QUADE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    WECOME QUADE!!!!!
    Shades of Sokolove.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Wake Forest hoops unbeaten streak reaches 12 days.

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Tennessee just beat #1 Gonzaga. They are going to beat us so bad!
    I suspect Davidson, TN, and GWebb will all whip us like a rented mule.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    WECOME QUADE!!!!!
    BIG NEWS! In YOUR face Kentucky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I suspect Davidson, TN, and GWebb will all whip us like a rented mule.
    You forgot Cornell.

Looking at the remaining schedule for Wake, I have us winning 5 more games against Webb, Cornell, BC, State, and Pitt. Actually, now that I think about it, reaching 10 wins may be a bit too generous. So pretty much all home wins. I don't see a path where we pick up a road win this year.

0 and whatever

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    Looking at the remaining schedule for Wake, I have us winning 5 more games against Webb, Cornell, BC, State, and Pitt. Actually, now that I think about it, reaching 10 wins may be a bit too generous. So pretty much all home wins. I don't see a path where we pick up a road win this year.
    We will loose to State, BC and Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Deacon 65 View Post
    Realize we are getting into the tallest midget category, but WF will not lose all 4 (WF plays State twice) of those games. KP has WF finishing the year 11-19 and 4-14 - DFL in the ACC. That's reasonable. Bad teams win games here and there: WF somehow beat FSU last year who finished in the Elite 8. WF plays Miami twice and they have several mystifying losses; GT and ND are both mediocre. Yes, WF sucks, but even sucky teams stumble into a handful of wins, unless they are completely depleted like Pitt last year.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    Wake's most likely ACC victories this year are Pitt, BC, UL, and Miami in that order according to KP. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they beat GT on the road either if Wake shoots well and the GT offense plays poorly.

I threw in State just purely based off history. Better State teams have laid an egg in the Joel in recent memory. That's my pick for Wake's only upset of the year (I know, I know..At this point every wake win feels like an upset). Everybody gets one!

Given States performances at the Joel of late and WF seeming to play well in that game every year it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Deacon 65 View Post
    I'll give you 2:1 on $100 that we don't lose all four games.

Counting

[QUOTE=WFUWaldo;3213490]I'll give you 2:1 on $100 that we don't lose all four games.[/QUO
    I only mentioned 3.