• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

NCSU gives Keatts a 6 year extension and a $400,000 a year raise. Now making $2.7 million a season.

In his first season with NC State, Keatts took a program picked to finish 12th in the ACC to an 11-7 record in the ACC to finish in a tie for third place. The 11 conference wins are the most for a first-year head coach in program history and the third-place finish was the highest regular season finish for NC State in the ACC since the 2003-04 team finished second.

In his second season with NC State, Keatts has the Wolfpack off to a 8-1 start with seven of eight victories coming by 15+ points.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/nc-state-s-keatts-gets-6-year-extension-400k-raise/18064645/

Similar timing to Manning's last year and coming off a first NCAAT appearance (though not win) with the program.

Though I suspect that's where the similarities will end

Similar timing to Manning's last year and coming off a first NCAAT appearance (though not win) with the program.

Though I suspect that's where the similarities will end

Year 2 vs Year 4

8-1 start vs 1-4 start

Kansas is playing some good D. How did none of that rub off on Manning?

Cuse with a bad home loss to ODU.

There are some really mediocre ACC teams.

And one stands alone at the bottom.

I did not expect that Woods would play so well for Ohio St. Today 13 pts on 5 for 9 shooting.

ODU has the ACC's number.
First, they beat VT in football, now Cuse in hoops.

I did not expect that Woods would play so well for Ohio St. Today 13 pts on 5 for 9 shooting.

He averaged 12.5 a game for us just two years ago.

Yep. Never understood why people thought it was a good thing that he was leaving. He is a good piece to a good team.

anything bad that happens to the program is always caused by the players who leave

right, mebane?

With better play than seen against Houston Baptist, Wake could become part of the great mass of mediocrity.

Yep. Never understood why people thought it was a good thing that he was leaving. He is a good piece to a good team.

The only reason I didn’t really care was because I thought he was unhappy and hurting the chemistry. Might as well let the new guys see the floor.

I always liked Woods and thought he fit nicely in an “instant offense” kind of role.

You can go back to the Woods thread and see that I was really interested to see how he’d do at Ohio State. He’s done well so far and that’s another strike against Manning, imo.

The only reason I didn’t really care was because I thought he was unhappy and hurting the chemistry. Might as well let the new guys see the floor.

What's more likely? That Woods was the problem? Or that the chemistry/team/whatever created by losing and/or Manning was the problem? I don't think we solved the problem by getting rid of Woods.

What's more likely? That Woods was the problem? Or that the chemistry/team/whatever created by losing and/or Manning was the problem? I don't think we solved the problem by getting rid of Woods.

We got rid of someone fed up with the problem rather than the source of the problem.

#wellmanchooseswrongagain

We got rid of someone fed up with the problem rather than the source of the problem.

#wellmanchooseswrongagain

iw7tb8.jpg

Back