• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Seems like you’re saying Danny Manning is the next Tim Miles and we just need to give him a chance.

Was just messing around with Kenpom (I have insomnia due to taking a steroid for a sinus infection... It�s been an awesome week of 4am productivity).

Tim Miles has Nebraska rolling.

Always thought of as a good coach, but was on the hot seat there as he struggled for years to get it going. 6th year was good. Year 7 off to a great start.

Just seems like an unusual ride.

Brad Brownell is another guy who hasn�t done much in the postseason, but his record of success over 9 years at Clemson is pretty consistent. No real breakout highs, but no disasters, either.

What I guess I�m saying is Danny Manning sucks as a head coach and I�m depressed about how shitty we are at basketball.

Merry Christmas

Have you tried taking all of the steroid doses for the day first thing in the morning? I used to have insomnia with steroids but I take them this way and I don’t have problems with it anymore.

Seems like you’re saying Danny Manning is the next Tim Miles and we just need to give him a chance.

Ha.

Nah.

Not really sure of my point that early in the morning. I guess just sobering to realize how bad we are. Miles and Brownell were on the hot seat for being mediocre. We’re flat out awful.

No reason we should ever be sub-100 in KP.

Have you tried taking all of the steroid doses for the day first thing in the morning? I used to have insomnia with steroids but I take them this way and I don’t have problems with it anymore.

Luckily, it’s only for a couple of weeks. Will give that a shot, though.

^that guy's an idiot

Leicester City's alternate greys are sharp (and necessary, when they play at Chelsea, who wears the same shade of blue)

WF's grays are stupid

And Princeton wins at Arizona State....I mean, the Pac-12 is guaranteed at least one bid this year, but I'm not sure who is really deserving of one at this point.

And Princeton wins at Arizona State....I mean, the Pac-12 is guaranteed at least one bid this year, but I'm not sure who is really deserving of one at this point.

The Pac-12's top team is Oregon, who lost to #201 Texas Southern (coached by Johnny Jones, the guy who couldn't win at LSU with Ben Simmons and two other NBA players), and who is 1-3 against teams in the top 75. Guessing the selection committee will have a Pac-12 rep on it, and he will find a way to get the conference two bids, but the Pac-12 has been dreadful in OOC games.

One interesting but somewhat depressing note is that very few college basketball teams finish their season with a win. Most conferences have a post season tournament. All but one team in each conference finishes with a loss.

Then those conference tournament winners are in the NCAA tournament wherein only one team finishes with a win.

Two other teams get final game wins in the NIT and CBI. The only other teams to finish with a win are some in conferences without a tournament. Those are the Ivy League and ???.

One interesting but somewhat depressing note is that very few college basketball teams finish their season with a win. Most conferences have a post season tournament. All but one team in each conference finishes with a loss.

Then those conference tournament winners are in the NCAA tournament wherein only one team finishes with a win.

Two other teams get final game wins in the NIT and CBI. The only other teams to finish with a win are some in conferences without a tournament. Those are the Ivy League and ???.

The Ivy League has a conference tourney now. It started a couple of years ago. Top 4 regular season teams make it. They play the semis and finals in the Palestra.

IIRC, every conference has a tournament, but not every conference tournament includes every team. Would have no problem if the ACC excluded WF this year.

Last edited:
The Ivy League has a conference tourney now. It started a couple of years ago. Top 4 regular season teams make it. They play the semis and finals in the Palestra.

Thanks for that update. Still leaves some of the Ivies with a chance for a last game win.

ETA:

That also means a few other teams at the bottom of their conference also have the possibility of a mostly meaningless win to end the season.

Last edited:
BC lost to Hartford today. Geez, the ACC has some really bad losses. There are going to be some really ugly scores when the bottom of the conference plays the top of the conference.

The ACC has some really bad losses yet we are the obvious pick to finish last.

Would you feel better if WF finished 14th instead of 15th?

First ACC game of the season is this afternoon: ND @ VT. VT is a 10.5 point favorite. ND has been depleted by injuries losing Robby Carmody and Rex Pflueger for the season. VT has not played the most challenging OOC schedule, but they have dominated the weaker teams the Hokies have faced including a 28 point win over Gardner-Webb.

Back