• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

First ACC game of the season is this afternoon: ND @ VT. VT is a 10.5 point favorite. ND has been depleted by injuries losing Robby Carmody and Rex Pflueger for the season. VT has not played the most challenging OOC schedule, but they have dominated the weaker teams the Hokies have faced including a 28 point win over Gardner-Webb.

VaTech wins by 15 but 1 pt game with 14 to go. ND basically played 6 guys.
FSU beats Winthrop by 9 as a 3 pt game with 5 to go.

Wake up to #151 in KP after the Cornell victory.

And the home game against BC has now flipped to a projected win! One lonely W in a sea of Ls.

Things are looking up!

I hadn't been that impressed by UVA this season, but the starters put a beatdown on a good FSU team today while getting little from Jerome and Hunter. Guy was raining tough 3s in the 1st half, and Key and Diakite had their best games of the year. If they can play like that against good teams, they could go farther than I had previously thought. VT also had a nice win to get to a 2-0 start. That game here next week has got to be the 1st in this rivalry where they'll both be ranked in the top 10.

Tennessee squeaked by Georgia 96-50. Really.

Looks like we could beat UGA

Nevada down 24 in the Pit with 4:36 left. New Mexico is wearing jerseys that make them look like egg yolks from a distance.

Rex Chapman tweeted a video of RoRo HS and college highlights and said before Zion there was Rodney... Looking at those highlights I think he might be right - Rodney is one of the best comps you can find for Williamson. Williamson's 360 tonight reminded me of Rodney's against UNC - Williamson was definitely higher though... They're even both lefties. Disappointing that Dicky V or someone hasn't pointed out the comparison.

Rex Chapman tweeted a video of RoRo HS and college highlights and said before Zion there was Rodney... Looking at those highlights I think he might be right - Rodney is one of the best comps you can find for Williamson. Williamson's 360 tonight reminded me of Rodney's against UNC - Williamson was definitely higher though... They're even both lefties. Disappointing that Dicky V or someone hasn't pointed out the comparison.

That comparison was made earlier this season during a Duke broadcast. I'd have to go look back but I posted when it happened.

Yup. I'd interview that guy for Manning's job.

Steve Prohm is one of the young up and coming coaches. He played at Northwest HS in Dalton Ga not too many years ago. He’s already taken a team to the NCAA tourney before he went to Iowa State. Very energetic guy.

Steve Prohm is one of the young up and coming coaches. He played at Northwest HS in Dalton Ga not too many years ago. He’s already taken a team to the NCAA tourney before he went to Iowa State. Very energetic guy.

Class of '92. I went to HS with him. I'm not sure about his recruiting but he has had success at every stop. I will say that he does this weird lip licking thing during games that gets very distracting and annoying once you notice it.

Tennessee squeaked by Georgia 96-50. Really.

Looks like we could beat UGA

UT had 21,678 fans (another sellout) at their game yesterday. They've won 17 straight at home
Love him or hate him, Rick Barnes has done a great job changing Tennessee from a football school to a basketball school.

UT had 21,678 fans (another sellout) at their game yesterday. They've won 17 straight at home
Love him or hate him, Rick Barnes has done a great job changing Tennessee from a football school to a basketball school.

Would Rick take another shot at the blues at a school that has a history of being a basketball school in a Conference that historically has been a basketball conference?

Back