• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Duke 9-43 on 3s, including 2-8 in OT. Zero 2 point shots by Duke in OT.

The only thing better than Dook losing is Dook losing at home in front of those ninny-ass jamokes.

The only thing better than Dook losing is Dook losing at home in front of those ninny-ass jamokes.

So true. I read that Jones is out indefinitely with the shoulder issue. Any guesses as to how long indefinitely is for that kind of injury?

Looking forward to the 1st ever top-10 VT/UVA match-up tonight.

Losing Tre Jones is going to be big...

How great would it be for Zion and RJ to decide to sit out the rest of the season and wait for the draft?

How great would it be for Zion and RJ to decide to sit out the rest of the season and wait for the draft?

Heard on ESPN this a.m. it's a separation of Tre's AC joint. I have no idea how long that means. But as for your 2nd sentence, absolutely not. I'm all for football players not in the final-4 skipping meaningless bowl games because we've seen how much money can be lost via a serious injury. Hoops still has injuries, but it's a contact sport and not a collision sport. I mean, if it's March, and a guy is playing on a partially torn Achilles or something, then no, I don't blame that guy for sitting. Otherwise play and work on your game.

As for last night, UVA is starting to look really good. They were struggling some in Nov-Dec because they weren't getting contributions from guys not named Guy, Hunter or Jerome, and this team isn't quite as good on the defensive end as some prior teams. But for the last 2-3 weeks, they're getting much better play on both ends out of Clark, Key and Diakite, and last night they shot > 50% from 3 as a team. And I still say VT misses Sy and Clarke. If you get Blackshear in foul trouble, they're done inside. I mean, it's nice they're having a solid season, and I like what Buzz is doing there. But other than usually getting good guard play, it's not a team that is really built for a deep run in either tourney.

UVA has now jumped to the top of the KP ratings after Duke had led for most of the year. Realize none of it matters until Bennett takes UVA to a Final 4, but UVA is 24-1 in their last 25 ACC games, including the 2018 Tourney; that's Gonzaga in the WCC type of dominance. The one loss was in OT to VT after UVA had a 5 point lead with 38 seconds to go. This year, UVA has won their 4 conference games by 13 (FSU), 27 (@BC), 20 (@Clemson) and 22 (VT). They haven't been pushed.

UVA's current two season run against a loaded conference is hard to fathom.

Last edited:
So true. I read that Jones is out indefinitely with the shoulder issue. Any guesses as to how long indefinitely is for that kind of injury?

I’m thinking one game based on Grayson Allen’s indefinite suspension by Rat which lasted one game. So glad he’s still around for his “teaching moments”.

Pilch, all of that said, UVA seriously needs an NCAA tourney run. I got the 2 straight Ls to tough Mich St teams, and late season injuries have hurt them a couple of times. But that complete meltdown and choke 2-3 years ago to a decent Syracuse team and last year being the 1st 1 seed to lose to a 16 are worse in terms of under performing than any of Skip's Wake teams. Whatever happens the rest of the regular season isn't that relevant. UVA needs to put up in this year's dance. I just hope they can stay healthy this time to give them that chance.

This is going to happen at some point... and probably soon.

If a player has locked up a top draft slot, why not?

The NBA forces these guys to wait a year after high school... Which means one and done players barely make any progress toward a degree. Why not just use the system? Showcase your game enough to lock down a top draft slot and then drop out and spend 100% of your time preparing for the NBA.

The biggest reason not to is the stigma... and that’s going away in college football.

Someone will do it in college hoops. Then it’ll become more accepted. And then college hoops will decline even more.

Side note: I can totally picture Wake somehow landing Cole Anthony, having him play for like two months and we’re suddenly awesome... Then he decides to sit out the rest of the season to prepare for the NBA and we suck again.

Bol Bol has said he isn't going to try to return this year although he probably could.

UVA has now jumped to the top of the KP ratings after Duke had led for most of the year. Realize none of it matters until Bennett takes UVA to a Final 4, but UVA is 24-1 in their last 25 ACC games, including the 2018 Tourney; that's Gonzaga in the WCC type of dominance. The one loss was in OT to VT after UVA had a 5 point lead with 38 seconds to go. This year, UVA has won their 4 conference games by 13 (FSU), 27 (@BC), 20 (@Clemson) and 22 (VT). They haven't been pushed.

UVA's current two season run against a loaded conference is hard to fathom.

Happy 1/16 Day to all the Wahoo faithful. You know, also known as First time ever, UMBC rocked your world day

I always get so jealous when I watch Notre Dame. They recruit the same level of kids we’ve been able to land under Manning (arguably slightly worse, in fact)... But they stick around and develop as quality players (Mooney, Gibbs Jr). It feels very “next man up” and it pains me because we haven’t had that for a long time.

Of course, Brey is obviously a much better coach than Manning.

And my man crush on Laszewski is well documented... He’s gonna be so good for them.

Hadn't seen Wisconsin prior to today, but Happ can play. Impressive kid and a good upset on a day where Michigan looked out of sync offensively.

How is an undefeated Virginia team this late in the season only ranked #4?

Wtf call was that. Shot clock violation?? It clanked.

Last edited:
GA Tech with 16 first half points at home against Louisville. How the hell did we lose to that team?

Never mind. Don’t tell me.

Not only that, they hung 92 on us.

Back