• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Watched some Pac12 games last night. USC v. Arizona with USC blowing them out. USC has a very talented roster and their record is a severe underperformance so far by the head coach who married a model. Wouldn't be surprised if they are a tough out at the end of the year. Their Freshman Porter is the best Freshman not on Duke. Duke transfer Derryck Thorton is also really good for them, as is Louisville transfer Shaqquan Aaron. UCLA v. Arizona State showed me just how far UCLA has fallen. They have talent but similar to us they just don't look coached up. Arizona State is coached well and also has a star Freshman in Luegentz Dort. I would draft both Dort and Porter Jr. from USC in the first round, legit talents.

Current KP Player of the Year Standings.

1. Zion
2. Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
3. Grant Williams, TN
4. RJ Barrett, Duke
5. Carsen Edwards, Purdue
6. Dederic Lawson, KS
7. Jarrett Culver, Texas Tech
8. Ja Morant, Murray St.
9. Ty Jerome, UVA
10. Cassius Winston, Mich State

ACC Top 5

1. Zion
2. Barrett
3. Jerome
4. De'Andre Hunter, UVA
5. Jason Nwora, L'ville

How is that Marquette guy not on the list?

How is that Marquette guy not on the list?

A brief look leads me to believe it is because he takes a ton of shots and isn't nearly as efficient as the rest of those guys.

I think he'd probably be in the Top 20, though.

Is shooting 43% from behind the arc on 8+ attempts per game. Acceptable

Risk of serious injury in basketball is not very likely. Meanwhile the memory of taking Murray State on a long tourney run would last a lifetime

The difference between being a Top 5 pick and dropping out of the lottery to even #15 is many, many millions of dollars.

Markell Johnson injury is a strange one. Keatts has said several times he could play “tomorrow or it could be 3 to 4 weeks” not sure I’ve seen one like this before. WolfPack has a big stretch coming up and not having him could put MCAA tourney hopes in jeopardy. Need to pick up a signature win at some point.

The difference between being a Top 5 pick and dropping out of the lottery to even #15 is many, many millions of dollars.

Let's not be overly dramatic. The NBA already knows Morant can play. If he plays injured for some part of the rest of the season, he is not going to drop like a rock (he may even get some credit for gutting it out). NBA scouts are smart enough to factor that in. Morant is going to play for Murray State unless he has a season ending injury, and he will be a top 10 pick. The kid likes to play basketball, and he is good at it. Why over-think this? He is not going to sit out a chance to play in the NCAAs.

Let's not be overly dramatic. The NBA already knows Morant can play. If he plays injured for some part of the rest of the season, he is not going to drop like a rock (he may even get some credit for gutting it out). NBA scouts are smart enough to factor that in. Morant is going to play for Murray State unless he has a season ending injury, and he will be a top 10 pick. The kid likes to play basketball, and he is good at it. Why over-think this? He is not going to sit out a chance to play in the NCAAs.

Or he could make the injury worse. It's not "dropping like a rock" to go from #5 to #15 due to an injury. That drop would cost him abut $9-10M (https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/rookie-scale-salaries-for-2018-first-round-picks.html).

EVERY time you respond to me, you change what I say to fit your preconceived premise. That is totally dishonest and for the past several times your premise has been proven false.

Markell Johnson injury is a strange one. Keatts has said several times he could play “tomorrow or it could be 3 to 4 weeks” not sure I’ve seen one like this before. WolfPack has a big stretch coming up and not having him could put MCAA tourney hopes in jeopardy. Need to pick up a signature win at some point.

Y’all definitely have your signature loss.

GA Tech up 29-27 on Duke at the half... AT CAMERON... Haha... of course Puke will have their second half runs like they always do, but damn what a crazy score at the half

GA Tech up 29-27 on Duke at the half... AT CAMERON... Haha... of course Puke will have their second half runs like they always do, but damn what a crazy score at the half

It is now 38-31 with 15:30 left. Watch out, now! :)

Back