• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

State has only one reliable PG, no inside presence, doesn't shoot the three well, plays inconsistent half-court D, and runs a half court offense predicated on high ball screens and wings driving. Sounds kind of familiar actually. They were 12-1 after a shit pre-conference schedule and may struggle to get to 20 wins by tournament time.

I thought our defeat of State revealed them to be not worthy of a top 25 ranking. I guess this will do it instead.

Is Robinson out indefinitely for VT? Or just this game?

Roanoke paper is saying indefinitely. Speculation in Hokieland is 4-6 weeks, likely a fracture of a bone in his foot. Good news is: (1) they've largely won enough games that with a handful more against some ACC weak sisters, they'll still Dance (though probably no longer as a 3-5 seed); and (2) Robinson is likely back for the post-season. Could be a dangerous 6-8 seed.

Roanoke paper is saying indefinitely. Speculation in Hokieland is 4-6 weeks, likely a fracture of a bone in his foot. Good news is: (1) they've largely won enough games that with a handful more against some ACC weak sisters, they'll still Dance (though probably no longer as a 3-5 seed); and (2) Robinson is likely back for the post-season. Could be a dangerous 6-8 seed.

Thanks

Watching VT and UL. These teams are so much better than WF...we are falling further and further behind. Really sad.

Since Wake Forest is terrible, I haven't spent much time looking at the ACC as a whole. A quick look at the standings shows that there is a group of good teams at the top and bad teams at the bottom... Looks different than the usual 1-2 teams at the top, 2-3 at the bottom, and a whole lot of parity in the middle.

5 teams at 2-7 or worse.
6 teams at 7-3 or better.

Looks like a 6-7 bid year for the ACC... But those teams should be able to make some noise in the tourney.

Since Wake Forest is terrible, I haven't spent much time looking at the ACC as a whole. A quick look at the standings shows that there is a group of good teams at the top and bad teams at the bottom... Looks different than the usual 1-2 teams at the top, 2-3 at the bottom, and a whole lot of parity in the middle.

5 teams at 2-7 or worse.
6 teams at 7-3 or better.

Looks like a 6-7 bid year for the ACC... But those teams should be able to make some noise in the tourney.

Probably 7, maybe 8 if NC State can fix their problems. The bottom 5 teams this year, don't even resemble ACC quality teams.

Probably 7, maybe 8 if NC State can fix their problems. The bottom 5 teams this year, don't even resemble ACC quality teams.

Yeah... 7 is probably the right number. FSU looking better and better. NCSU is the wildcard. 1-6 against the Top 25 (polls, not KP).

NCSU vs. KP:
Top 25 - 1-6 (2 games remaining)
Top 50 - 2-6 (3 games remaining)

Schedule is pretty easy from here... So maybe they can make a run at a bid.

Lunardi had State as a 9 yesterday. Seems like they're pretty safely in right now, I know it's not a factor in making it but they were ranked as of Saturday so they have a ways to fall to miss the dance

NCSU vs. KP:
Top 25 - 1-6 (2 games remaining)
Top 50 - 2-6 (3 games remaining)

Schedule is pretty easy from here... So maybe they can make a run at a bid.

I'm usually an optimist but I just don't see how State pulls it together to make the tourney this year. Would need to go .500 in the ACC and then win 2 games in the ACC tourney. Bubble is week this year but unless something completely bonkers goes on and NCSU upsets Duke, the best win will be Auburn at home. Just don't see that getting it done.

Clemson could be playing their way back on the bubble.

Credit to Carolina (barfs in mouth) - they are assassins from the line ...

Don't be afraid to call intentional fouls, ref ...

Back