• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Sacha Killeya Jones, NC States best big man (according to their fans?) has left their team before even playing a single game.

Yep. Not a decision made by SKJ. Leaves us with Walker, DJF, Bates, and Hellen’s next season to play the 4-5. SKJ was supposedly going to play more of the 4 next year while Bates would split time at the 5 with Walker. I’m still not convienced KK actually wants to play with 2 traditional bigs so who knows what next years rotation will actually look like. I think we add Christian Brown from Oak Hill before this recruiting cycle ends, he would be a small ball 4.

Doesn’t matter. ESPN talking about them all the time makes Duke haters hate even more and therefore even more likely to tune in hoping to see an upset... and ESPN gets good ratings for the game.

Or not watch at all.

Lebron: "Coach K is my guy." Not going to watch that idiot either. It's like drowning in Duke/Lebron on that site so, I'll prob take the family fishing instead!

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2019/2/13/18223191/zion-williamson-dents-basketball-with-fingers-duke

dent.jpg

Some of the balls are soft.

Just like some home teams go with longer nets, and others go with short, tight or new nets. Longer nets = easier to shoot and more buckets.

Not going to dig up the LOL at Illinois thread, but they beat OSU last night @OSU by 7. 4 game winning streak, and 5 out of 6 including wins vs. MSU, Maryland, and OSU.

They should definitely be LOLing at us.

Illinois' season is about as weird as Keyshawn Woods' complete decline as a senior. Strange stuff.

Illinois' season is about as weird as Keyshawn Woods' complete decline as a senior. Strange stuff.

Illinois has improved as Ayo Dosunmu has improved and taken a bigger role.

Also, Underwood appears to be a capable coach.

While tOSU is demonstrably better than WF, the Buckeyes season has fallen apart.

On December 29, tOSU was 12-1 (2-0) with 5 top 50 wins, and not only seemed like a lock for the NCAA Tourney it looked like they would be a 4 or 5 seed. Since then, the Bucks have gone 4-7, and their remaining schedule is pretty daunting. Contributing to the collapse, Keyshawn Woods simply can't shoot. He has made a total of four 3 point shots since December 29 (11 games), and is shooting 27% from 3, and averaging a whopping 4 ppg during that stretch of Big 10 games. The one thing that Keyshawn could do was score, apparently not any more. Keyshawn sucks and the tOSU team sucks.

Big Ten generally has really fallen off. Looked like they were gonna get tons of bids in December, but the likes of OSU, Indiana and Nebraska have fallen off the rails to varying degrees

The SKJ news feels important. Would like to know the story there.

From what i've heard attitude/commitment during his redshirt year has been hit or miss (i've heard that he looks awesome and the best player on the team for a week and then just mails it in for the next two etc) but I think the main issue is that he can't pass the occasional test, and we aren't talking about Calc 2 here. Not a big deal to me but if that's how KK want's to run his program i'm with him. Energy level and attitude of the team was the best it's been in the first game since the team had found out about him not being part of the program so who knows if the two are related.

I've never seen a guy block the same shot with each hand separately. As to keeping in play, I don't know if it would have been possible. Of course, I didn't blocking it twice while in the air was possible either.

What happened to RJ's assessment that Morant was going to sit out the rest of the season to wait for the NBA draft?

:cool:

UVA and ND playing D. Also clean. No stoppages from just under 16 min to under 8 min. Under 12 TV TO at 7:52. 10-15 score.

ETA: Under 8 TV TO at 7:32. Crazy.

Last edited:
Poor shooting game and a fairly uninspired effort from UVA. Thought Brey made a mistake leaving the zone for man because he had no one who could guard Hunter.

VT shirts for a the VT-UVa game.

See if you notice anything in particular.

52184159_10107787793885483_2535250960683368448_n.jpg

The Virginia part of the Delmarva peninsula is out of place, badly shaped and too large relative to the rest of the state.

Back