• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Agreed. They'd have a totally reasonable case. Subjectively I'd rather see teams like Lipscomb, Utah State, Furman, Murray State, Belmont as opposed to P5 teams with mediocre records (that aren't named Wake Forest) if only because all things being about equal it's more fun to see a small school win a tourney game or two.

Agreed, and especially Murray St this year. This year more than any other feels like the year a few mid majors could make some nice runs.

Murray State's prob is they are 1-4 vs quadrant 1 and 2. Undefeated against everybody else tho!

Also their best Kenpom win is over #124 Austin Peay twice, didn't beat the other top teams in the OVC Belmont or Jacksonville State in the regular season (granted only played each team once).

Belmont has the stronger case from that Valley, Murray's gonna def need to win today and tomorrow

Last edited:
Carolina offense playing like dogshit down the stretch, what the hell is Roy doing?

Any chance this is Roys last year? 3 seniors, 2 of which played for him 4 years. could be his last best shot at a championship without hooking him up to an oxygen tank amd unless they land cole anthony they have 1 player coming in next year. a center.

Teddy Valentine is bball reffing what Joe West is to MLB umpiring....grossly overrated and sucky....

Any chance this is Roys last year? 3 seniors, 2 of which played for him 4 years. could be his last best shot at a championship without hooking him up to an oxygen tank amd unless they land cole anthony they have 1 player coming in next year. a center.

Don't think so. They just announced an 8-year extension in December.

Do we need an NCAA tourney thread now? First team in. Ja Morant is such a joy to watch. Murray State will be my adopted team for the tourney.

It will be a shame if Belmont doesn't get in at 26-5.

It will be a shame if Belmont doesn't get in at 26-5.

The trend has been for the major conferences to dominate the close calls. I think Belmont has a good shot due to a good non con strength of schedule and decent record against Quad 1. Also, 26-5. They were missing a starter tonight.

Do we need an NCAA tourney thread now? First team in. Ja Morant is such a joy to watch. Murray State will be my adopted team for the tourney.

Murray St, Wofford, Buffalo, Lipscomb, Belmont (don’t think they get in though) have a shot at making noise.

I think Belmont gets in unless there's a lot more chaos. They're ahead of teams like Alabama, St. John's and the NC State/Clemson loser for me right now

PAC-10 barnburner going on. Oregon is up on Washington 24-8 at the under-4 timeout. Washington is supposedly the best team in the Pac-12.

They shouldn’t get more than one.

I could see 3 if Washington loses in the semi's of the conference tournament, Arizona State loses in the finals, and some random team wins the conference tournament to get in. That's the only 2 teams I could see arguing for an at-large, under those specific circumstances.

Pac-12 should be a 2-3 team league for the NCAAs. Three teams max. That conference sucks this year.

PAC-12 should only get in Washington and ASU. I know the formula favors big conferences, but these .500 teams in the majors just don't impress me. I'd rather see Belmont, Wofford, Furman, Davidson, VCU, Toledo and Utah St get shots if they don't win their tourneys. And I really want to see Murray St make a sweet 16 run.

FWIW, I had forgotten how short Dino is. I'm happy for him being with Mack. They both employ the packline and do it well. Louisville's defense gave UVA fits. Their offense just went stagnant the last 5:00. Mack is going to have them contending for another natty before long.

Back