• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

did Clemson really just foul 3 times in the last 24 seconds, up 1, to eventually get NCSU shooting free throws for the win?

Including Thomas fouling out?

No they did not.
The refs called 2 phantom fouls, the last a shooting foul where Johnson wasn't touched.
The Thomas foul was also phantom.
Clemson still had a foul to give.

No they did not.
The refs called 2 phantom fouls, the last a shooting foul where Johnson wasn't touched.

ha, I see

shit like that is why ACC teams outside of NC have historically (and hysterically) thought all Big 4 basketball teams get unfair officiating advantages

No they did not.

This. Clemson got shafted. Neither player touched him.

16 point halftime deficit cow college come from behind win is impressive.

NCAAT ticket punched.

ha, I see

shit like that is why ACC teams outside of NC have historically (and hysterically) thought all Big 4 basketball teams get unfair officiating advantages

I don't think Wake or State usually get those calls. Maybe it's just been a long time since either team has been very good so that I'd recall.

Wake went 1-13 against the NCAA field this year, assuming Clemson and Davidson don't make the field. Davidson is the #2 seed behind VCU.

Wake went 1-13 against the NCAA field this year, assuming Clemson and Davidson don't make the field. Davidson is the #2 seed behind VCU.

believe the Manning high-water mark for that stat is 4-11 in the dream first 4 season

Clemson vs. NC State - at least the refs were consistent

this is a no call:

Get the feeling that Clemson is not getting in. Returned the key pieces to last year's team that went to the Sweet 16, and almost beat KS to advance to the round of 8.

If they don't get in, the Tigers can blame their two horrific losses to State. January 26: they were up 67-61 with 24 seconds left, and State scored the last 8 points Today, Clemson led by 16 in the 2nd half, and then State gets the winning points on a phantom foul. Hurts.

Clemson scores 42 points in the first half and 16 in the second......and loses by 1
Wow.

16 point halftime deficit cow college come from behind win is impressive.

NCAAT ticket punched.

Is it? They played a shitty OOC and have few marquee wins, and this wasn't really all that impressive.

They're lucky the RPI doesn't really matter anymore (at least, we think) as there's was 104 entering today

I'd say if you only score 16 points in a half it wasn't the refs that screwed you.

True... but if State was on the opposite end of that phantom foul call with a potential NCAA bid on the line their fans would be storming John Swofford's office as we speak due to the league wide officiating conspiracy to keep the Wolpfack down.

Is it? They played a shitty OOC and have few marquee wins, and this wasn't really all that impressive.

They're lucky the RPI doesn't really matter anymore (at least, we think) as there's was 104 entering today

It's also a great case of why the RPI doesn't matter anymore.

I guess, but I like to actually see these teams beat someone, especially away from home.

vs. Auburn, vs. Syracuse and neutral 1-point win vs. Clemson isn't enough for me

But I don't think State is a NCAA lock yet with their dreadful OOC schedule (in the 300's) so I can see the committee making an example and leaving State outside the field if a few more bubble teams continue to win.

The committee should exclude them solely on the basis of their 24 point scoring output versus Va Tech AT HOME

Back