• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

End's with 8, missed at least one shot to tie the record.

Not a particularly easy year for the committee. So many teams with ~ three marquee wins and .500 or worse records in conference

Two days into the ACC Basketball Tournament and...

We have seeds 1-8 all playing today.
9-15 all eliminated.
The difference between the top of the ACC (9 teams) and the bottom of the ACC (6 teams) was major this season.

Aside from Clemson vs NCSU, the first two days were a complete waste of time.

Two days into the ACC Basketball Tournament and...

We have seeds 1-8 all playing today.
9-15 all eliminated.
The difference between the top of the ACC (9 teams) and the bottom of the ACC (6 teams) was major this season.

Aside from Clemson vs NCSU, the first two days were a complete waste of time.

including the ACCT, the bottom 6 teams in the ACC went 8-67 (.107) against the top 9 this season

and as mentioned in another thread, the last 3 games yesterday were:

Miami-Virginia Tech
Notre Dame - Louisville
Pittsburgh - Syracuse

I mean, nothing says ACC basketball like those 6 teams. The tradition!

UVA is so good this year. When Guy is playing like this they seem unbeatable.

Including the ACC Tournament results, UVA is 36-3 (about to be 37-3) against the rest of the ACC over the last two years. By way of comparison, Duke is 28-10 and UNC is 30-10 over that same stretch. Every other conference team has lost 15 or more conference games (WF has lost 30). Their dominance over a deep conference is hard to fathom.

Jack Salt -- a starter -- has scored the same number of points today as he has scored in his previous ten games combined

Including the ACC Tournament results, UVA is 36-3 (about to be 37-3) against the rest of the ACC over the last two years. By way of comparison, Duke is 28-10 and UNC is 30-10 over that same stretch. Every other conference team has lost 15 or more conference games (WF has lost 30). Their dominance over a deep conference is hard to fathom.

Packline man. They do it as well as anyone else in the country. Louisville is damned good at it too. If played correctly, it often makes you burn most of your 30 seconds before someone has to take an awkward shot. The way to beat it is with good 3 point shooting (UMBC), having a good stretch 4 or a good big who passes well and quickly out of double teams in the post. (Dinos used to give UVA fits, for example.) Most college teams don't have great 3 point shooting, a stretch 4 or a great offensive post player.

Jack Salt with the first and only Holly Farms chicken award of his career. He's a good kid who got the most out of his abilities. Now leggo Tech so I can be properly conflicted tomorrow.

Indiana about to lose to tOSU. I think this lands Keyshawn back in Dayton next week, we should all be thrilled for him.

ETA: Right on cue, Andy Katz interviews Woods at the courtside booth on BTN. Key immediately goes out of his way to throw shade at Wake. Said he left Wake to go somewhere where it was important to make the Tourney and that’s why he chose Ohio State.

Last edited:
Indiana about to lose to tOSU. I think this lands Keyshawn back in Dayton next week, we should all be thrilled for him.

ETA: Right on cue, Andy Katz interviews Woods at the courtside booth on BTN. Key immediately goes out of his way to throw shade at Wake. Said he left Wake to go somewhere where it was important to make the Tourney and that’s why he chose Ohio State.

:mad:

This made me mad too.... at Wellman. Yeah it was kind of of a douche move by Woods. But in general I harbor no ill will towards him, aside from him not giving a flying fuck on defense his entire time at Wake, but that’s just Manning’s system.

pretty wild that FSU is the #12 team in the country without a player on any of the three All-ACC teams

I had no idea Brian Gregory was coaching USF. Actually not a bad job to land after sucking ass at GT.

Back