• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Seems like they used Kenpom/similar metrics in seeding more this time round. No way in hell Buffalo, Wofford, etc. get such choice seeds in the past. Also seems to have influenced Cincy as a 7

Mmmm, wonder if State's loss to us was the killer blow for them....glad we could help out....;)

They gave MSU Duke because of geography, things can get imbalanced since there's one good program on the West Coast right now

I’m really not gonna complain about Duke potentially having to go through Va Tech, Michigan State, and Gonzaga to get to the championship game.

last i checked michigan and michigan state are in the same state. ;)

Right, but they give preferential geographical treatment to Michigan State because they were deemed to be the better team.

Can definitely argue that they shouldn't do it this way -- I wouldn't disagree

UNCG was the last team in before Oregon won last night. Ya just hate to see it.

Right, but they give preferential geographical treatment to Michigan State because they were deemed to be the better team.

Can definitely argue that they shouldn't do it this way -- I wouldn't disagree

i know. i was just joking around.

and yes, i agree. with the pod system you can take care of the top seeds in the first few rounds. for regional finals, there are only four locations so it will be difficult to consider geography. and is DC that much closer to East Lansing than KC or Louisville? plus - no one is driving, haha. add 30-45 minutes to the flight and go to Anaheim.

Back