• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Not bringing it for 40 minutes played a huge part in keeping WES! outta the dance due to the influence on UNCG's metrics. Good to see he learned his lesson!

275+ transfers announced already and none of them are from our team (yet)... I assume the players are just waiting to see what happens with Manning.

275+ transfers announced already and none of them are from our team (yet)... I assume the players are just waiting to see what happens with Manning.

Jamie Lewis already announced that he is transferring. Of the returning players not that many candidates to transfer.

If Hoard leaves, he is going pro. If Sarr leaves, he is going to France. The rest of the frosh got plenty of playing time, with the exception of Wynn, and he played 10+ minutes in 8 ACC games that's more than he could've reasonably expected. Clearly, Torry Johnson wants to come back if the NCAA grants him another year. Chaundee had a sneaky good year, and when his eligibility runs out, he will get paid to play somewhere, why would he want to delay that for a season? That leaves Chill. He will come back unless WF cleans house (FWIW, could see WF offering Chill Senior a job in the athletic department if a coaching change is made), and even then, he may want to stay for his senior year.

With NCAA transfer rules nowadays it wouldn't shock me if they allowed Brandon to transfer to NC State for his senior year without sitting out if Wake fired his dad.

Hoard and Sarr are the two keys to this team having any chance of being presentable next year. If those two guys leave, we're looking at an 8-23 record.

If Hoard leaves to go pro it will be such a shame. He has tremendous potential as a player but he certainly hasn’t been maximized this year and it feels like the poor coaching is really failing him in terms of development.

I would be really interested to know whether they generally want Manning to stay or leave. Obviously they all came here to play for him and the team played shockingly hard even late in the season despite poor results.

If Hoard leaves to go pro it will be such a shame. He has tremendous potential as a player but he certainly hasn’t been maximized this year and it feels like the poor coaching is really failing him in terms of development.

A lot of that is on Hoard though. If he gets stronger and asserts himself he should get 18 and 9 every night, regardless of who his coach is or isn't.

Jamie Lewis already announced that he is transferring. Of the returning players not that many candidates to transfer.

If Hoard leaves, he is going pro. If Sarr leaves, he is going to France. The rest of the frosh got plenty of playing time, with the exception of Wynn, and he played 10+ minutes in 8 ACC games that's more than he could've reasonably expected. Clearly, Torry Johnson wants to come back if the NCAA grants him another year. Chaundee had a sneaky good year, and when his eligibility runs out, he will get paid to play somewhere, why would he want to delay that for a season? That leaves Chill. He will come back unless WF cleans house (FWIW, could see WF offering Chill Senior a job in the athletic department if a coaching change is made), and even then, he may want to stay for his senior year.

Agree with all of this... But we still had mass attrition last year when you could have made many of the same arguments.

Agree with all of this... But we still had mass attrition last year when you could have made many of the same arguments.

Agree, but as bad as this year was, the vibe from the players was completely different. Obvious by the end of the last season that Crawford and Woods would rather be anywhere in the world (even Israel) than playing for WF. Moore didn't transfer; he wanted to get paid. Donovan Mitchell was the only semi-surprise. Seems like Hoard, Mucius, Wright and Wynn are pretty tight as a class, and that may help keep them together at WF.

Wonder when we'll hear from Hoard... You'd think it'd be soon.

3/30/18 - Moore & Crawford announce they are exploring their NBA Draft options
3/21/18 - Woods announces he is leaving Wake
3/22/17 - Collins announces he is declaring for the NBA Draft

Agree, but as bad as this year was, the vibe from the players was completely different. Obvious by the end of the last season that Crawford and Woods would rather be anywhere in the world (even Israel) than playing for WF. Moore didn't transfer; he wanted to get paid. Donovan Mitchell was the only semi-surprise. Seems like Hoard, Mucius, Wright and Wynn are pretty tight as a class, and that may help keep them together at WF.

Yeah, that's always the story about any decently large, decently hyped class. We heard it in 2010, 2012, and 2015.

I haven't been paying attention to draft prospects, but does Hoard really have a shot at going in round 1?

I agree.
The chemistry and 'family' vibe this year seemed good. I know the players didn't like to lose, but when they did play well - and won - it looked like they were having a great time together.

Back