• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Still haven't subscribed to The Athletic, but if we are ranked outside of the top 4 that would be sad:
https://theathletic.com/877538/

If you get the app, you get a few free articles each month.

We were ranked #4. Didn’t say anything interesting about our current situation, just that recent postseason success has been nonexistent.

As I was filling out my bracket this morning, I realized how little college basketball I had watched this season. I would probably be just as successful using my wife's colors/mascots methodology.

Anyone else watch that St. John's v. ASU game last night? Hard to believe that both of those teams got in over State and Clemson...

I watched the first half. St. John’s was turrible.

Also, looking at Chris Mullin makes me want to stop drinking.

He looks like he’s been pounding bottom shelf rumpleminz for the past 20 years. Steer clear of that stuff and I think you’ll be fine.

Frank Howard suspended the opening game vs Baylor. I reckon for the trip of Zion.

Meanwhile...

Anyone else watch that St. John's v. ASU game last night? Hard to believe that both of those teams got in over State and Clemson...

During that game, I was thinking "I would have been cool with a 66-team NCAA tournament last night". About the only exciting thing that happened was the ASU player who jumped like 5 feet in the air and got undercut near the FT line early in the 2nd half. Very glad he was okay, because I have never seen someone get up that high and get undercut, other than someone dunking.

better check your brackets

During that game, I was thinking "I would have been cool with a 66-team NCAA tournament last night". About the only exciting thing that happened was the ASU player who jumped like 5 feet in the air and got undercut near the FT line early in the 2nd half. Very glad he was okay, because I have never seen someone get up that high and get undercut, other than someone dunking.

I enjoyed Hurley getting a technical just before the half.

Frank Howard suspended the opening game vs Baylor. I reckon for the trip of Zion.

Meanwhile...

I am so damn sick of the double standard with Duke. I remember back in the 80's when K was complaining UNC being treated differently than the other schools. He told his assistants that if he ever started acting like Dean Smith, then they should just take a gun and shoot him.

Obviously they didn't listen. Because that Ratface is still alive. And he is a 1000x worse than Dean.

I am so damn sick of the double standard with Duke.

The announcers even cover for Allen.

In explaining away a technical, they say "he just wants to do the right thing so badly."

After he tries to kick at the ball and then jumps on a guy's chest who is on the ground, "that is absolutely not Grayson Allen's fault." What a joke.

Last edited:
The announcers even cover for Allen.

In explaining away a technical, they say "he just wants to do the right thing so badly."

After he tries to kick at the ball and then jumps on a guy's chest who is on the ground, "that is absolutely not Grayson Allen's fault." What a joke.

Yep. I quit watching about half way through because I was sick of their BS.

Mike White at Florida had three players transfer out so far this spring.

He just got a verbal from a big from TN: Jason Jitoboh, a 6-11 C. 4th player in their recruiting class. White has three vacancies still.

L'ville's Jordan Nwora is putting his name in the NBA draft bin, but not hiring an agent, for now.. Would be a big loss.

Last edited:
So much hype for Nassir Little that didn't ultimately amount to much. A pretty good cautionary tale to keep expectations realistic when it comes to the impact of 1 season of even a top-10 recruit.

Lots of "student-athletes" are now dropping out of school after one semester...

So much hype for Nassir Little that didn't ultimately amount to much. A pretty good cautionary tale to keep expectations realistic when it comes to the impact of 1 season of even a top-10 recruit.

only the second one-and-done from UNC this decade, no?

To be fair, he was competing with two all ACC players ahead of him for playing time. That, and Roy tends to favors veterans over freshman, with a few exceptions.

I do expect White to go pro too. UNC and Duke both will take a step back next year. I expect UVA will dominate the league.

If Coby White follows Nassir Little to the NBA draft, UNC loses its top 5 leading scorers from this year.

Back